Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Inspired By: Gallery Walls

I have been seeing gallery walls a lot lately and I have to say, I wish I had a wall to gallerize (I like to make up verbs). There are so many ways to do it and here are some of my faves:

From Janet at The Gardener's Cottage. Actually, I guess I can blame her wall for my inspiration. She has "simply stopped shopping" and made this beautiful wall in her bedroom from pictures she had stowed away in her basement. Amazing!



From Architectural Digest, a mix of paintings, drawings, personal photographs, books, busts and even a Victorian gown. It seems to be the room for all the things you didn't think had anywhere else to go, and yet it works so beautifully. I even love the papers and notes clipped to the lamp shade!


From Domino, a large, frameless silhouette and a porthole mirror stand out on this wall. I like the way it is tied together by all black frames.


A little excessive, but I like it. (also from Domino)


Lastly, from House Beautiful, I guess this would really be a gallery shelf, but you get the point.


What do you think? Are gallery walls a do?

1 comment:

Brittany said...

I adore gallery walls! I have a mini-gallery wall in my apartment and I really like it--I've mixed art and photos of friends and even some art postcards that I had lying around.