Monday, October 18, 2010

Birthday Re-Cap

Thanks for the birthday wishes and the great feedback on the chairs! I had a lot of fun with that project; it was the first time I have reupholstered chairs that involved more than wrapping the seat and stapling underneath, so it really gave me some confidence to try some harder pieces. But now on the the good stuff: birthday celebrations!

On Thursday, my sweet pre-k class gave me 'pots of flowers', and sang, and guessed how old I was (it came down to either 17 or 36...I'm not sure what to make of that).

On Friday, my boys made me breakfast and we went out to lunch. We let baby boy have some cake and for some reason he didn't want to use his hands.


That night, husband and I went on a date to Fabian's. It was so yummy. It is owned by a husband and wife- he cooks, shes waits and they buy everything locally and seasonally. It was a set appetizer, soup and salad, then your choice or entree and desert. We would definitely suggest it for a special occasion.

Saturday we had some friends over for the Auburn beat-down on Arkansas and I didn't take a single picture, but we had an awesome time. Then yesterday, my boys and I started driving west until we found pretty fall foliage (and didn't take any pictures again *sigh*).

All in all it was a wonderful weekend and definitely made me feel very blessed for the great friends and family in my life. Hope your Monday is off to a good start!

1 comment:

fittingbackin said...

What a great weekend! War Eagle!

17 or 36? Love it!