Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dressing Screens

I have always loved dressing screens. I remember in my teens, going to antique stores with my mom and oooing over any antique dressing screen I came across. Sadly, even now, I have yet to find one I can afford, but it hasn't stopped me from fantasizing about how I could decorate with one. They can be classic, modern or chinoiserie. Fit in a corner, on a wall or behind furniture. Best of all, whatever the style and where ever you put it, it is an instant piece of art, drawing attention to any room. *Sigh* One Day...










*Images from House Beautiful, Coastal Living, Southern Living, via Little Green Notebook and Traditional Home.

1 comment:

fittingbackin said...

Nice round up! They're so very cool! I used to want one for the loft but i'm with you - they're expensive. And Austin's mom had one to give us but it was mirrored. It was too dance studio for me (and for her - hence the free give!)