Monday, November 8, 2010

C-Monday

C$ and I went up to DC this weekend to help my parents move and to clean out boxes and boxes of childhood mementos I had been storing in their attic. We took a break on Friday morning and headed to the Natural History Museum. Sadly, Cullen ran too fast from exhibit to exhibit for me to take any pictures, but he l-o-v-e-d it. He has perfected many of his animal sounds and I must say, even I was impressed when he saw the skeleton of a woolly mammoth and trumpeted like an elephant. Baby Genius.

We headed out of the museum and across the mall to take the metro home and I managed to snap this picture before he ran to jump in those puddles:

The rest of the weekend was spent re-discovering awkward things about my past, such as:
-my religious statue collection
-a truly dorky hat phase
-my overwhelming desire to decorate picture frames with nail polish and phrases like "Homecoming '00- BFFs!"
-a really random collection of keychains
-2 Coronas hidden in a box that I clearly stashed in High School but was too scared to actually drink
-a crimper, 3 sets of curlers, lace slips and several pairs of white gloves
-More things with Alpha Chi Omega written on them than anyone in their right mind would ever need
-And of course, pages and pages of half written books, including one 'fiction' work about a young girl who fell in love the older brother of the kids she babysat... I didn't finish the story when I was 19, but I think we all know how it ends :)

On another note, today is my Dad's Birthday and he is kinda awesome. I mean his name is Fritz. Seriously, can you be anymore badass than that? He is a man of few emotions, but he loves my baby boy more I would have ever imagined. All Cullen has to do is say "Ammm-PA" (Grandpa) and point, and BOOM, Fritz will do whatever he asks- including a little ride on the Harley.

It is also my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Good marriaging parents, keep on keepin on!

How was your weekend? Do you have any embarrassing childhood collections??

2 comments:

Tyler said...

I totally busted out my AXO pledge jacket this weekend!

Elle Cay said...

ummm is cullen wearing a bear outfit?