Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Blogs, New Books

Happy Hump Day! How's the week going? Can you believe it is the last week of January already? I will have to round out how my first month of resolutions went next week!

And speaking of resolutions, one of mine was to read more, and I consider both blogs and books to be reading, so I need a few suggestions! I have been working on The Unforgiving Minute by Craig Millaney, but do not have anything lined up for next. I would love some insight on any good books you have read recently. My taste is pretty far and wide, although I do not like anything that is too fluffy (think Nora Robert or Nicolas Sparks).

I am also looking for some new blogs to read. I like the ones on my blog roll, but I have done some cleaning out recently and am hoping you have some good suggestions for blogs you enjoy. Again, I am not looking anything too specific, just entertaining. So if you have a favorite, or if you have a blog that I am not following, please let me know!

Thanks for the help :)

8 comments:

ann's daughter said...

Books I can help with!
How do you feel about sad but well-written short stories? "Olive Kittridge" is beautiful, but in a sadness-tinged way.
"Everything Is Illuminated" will make you laugh and cry, guaranteed.
Last idea: "Possession" by AS Byatt. It's a movie with Gwyneth and Aaron Eckert (weird) but the book is amazing and a good winter read.

Elle Cay said...

I'm currently reading The True Story of Hansel and Gretel by Louise Murphy. Its really good. I missed my stop on the subway by 3 stops because I got so into it. It's hard to read sometimes, but I'm hoping it ends really well!

Alysa Regen said...

Hilarious book: "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" - Bill Bryson. I laughed outloud several times.

Martha said...

I hear there's this great blog called marthametzler.com ;)

Tyler said...

I'm a big fan of Chelsea Handler if she is to your liking. James Patterson is good for suspense. I also just finished the Hunger Games series which was pretty good as well! Hope you find a good one (or two)

MarmePurl said...

Babycocktails

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Generally I just read my friends blogs, but there are a few faves outside my friends too! Here you go....

http://www.newdressaday.com/
(she took $365 and bought crappy, ugly dresses from thrift stores and made some incredible creations - 1 a day for a year! It's always cool to see what she comes up with.)

http://www.passionatehomemaking.com/
Not a regular reader of this, but sometimes I browse it to see some healthy living tips or recipes. A lot of the time it's too over the top for me (like, they make EVERYTHING from scratch!) but sometimes I get really cool ideas/tips from it.

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/
This girl's story will turn your world upside down. She's 22 - a beautiful, smart, normal girl from a great family in Brentwood TN, and a few years ago she moved to Africa and ADOPTED 14 LITTLE GIRLS!!! Her life is incredible and she is an inspiration!

http://www.theveryworstmissionary.com/ (hilarious, foul-mouthed, inappropriate, and yet still so incredibly beautifully vulnerable sometimes too - love her! I laugh till it hurts sometimes reading her blog!)

Ericka B. Jackson said...

OH! and the book God and Football by Chad Gibbs if you want a funny read....I haven't read it yet but we gave it to my Dad for Christmas - he read it all in one day and HOWLED with laughter through the whole thing! ;)