Sunday, February 27, 2011

C-Monday and My Friends!

As I mentioned on Friday, I was very lucky to have three of my best friends from high school come visit me for the weekend. Kev was out of town for work and my girls came from Charlotte, DC and New York City, all the way to good ol Winston to keep me and C company. Although, I have a feeling, they were really in it to see which 'aunt' Cullen loves the most:


Meanwhile, C got a good ride on the swing:
Took his Teddy for a ride down the slide:
And has become overly concerned with leaves that fall off trees. He wants me to put them back on. In toddler speak, it goes like this, "Mommy, Oh-Oh! Leaf! Tree! Ouchie! Back up ppppplleeeaasssseeeeee"
After C went to bed and Laura, Cate and Alysa couldn't work to impress him anymore, we got a chance to go out for a little while. Dinner at Sweet Potatoes, followed by a drink a Tate's, was the perfect way to round out a great Saturday.

I love my friends because they make me laugh (really, really, really hard), have no problem toting my six month preggo butt to a bar, they love my son unconditionally and even though we all live in different cities, with very different lives, we share a mutual respect and admiration for the woman we have become. It is hard to believe we have known each other for 13 years!

Thanks for coming ladies!

4 comments:

Elle Cay said...

obviously your best post yet!

fittingbackin said...

Beautiful! I recently spent a weekend with my three high school besties (and one of them's baby!) and it was just such a fun girl's weekend! Looks like you all had a blast, and I love that little C worries about the leaves!! (go back to your HOME!) :)

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! And Sweet Potatoes is one of my favorite places to eat in the Dash...lucky you!

Alysa Regen said...

We should make this annual. Next stop....California.