Sunday, April 24, 2011

C-Monday/Easter Weekend

Good morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday. This was the first holiday in our married life husband and I have not been with our extended family. We spent last week going back and forth about traveling to VA to be with our parents and siblings, but in the end, realized we really, really needed a break and just some time together. So while we definitely missed our families, we were thrilled to start some Easter traditions of our own.

We started Saturday evening by dying Easter eggs.
I did not read the instructions beforehand which clearly state you shouldn't use your hands to do this. C still has green fingernails. My bad dude.
Sunday morning we hopped (pun intended) to it and made it to 9am mass. Here are my handsomes:
And all 3 of us with the self timed camera. Coordination was not purposeful, but I think we look pretty cute:
The Easter Bunny was a little late (and tired and pregnant Saturday night) so didn't get around to hiding eggs and making a basket until later in the day Sunday. Luckily, C isn't old enough to know the difference and was still super excited about it all.


The last 2 years, we have hosted both our families and I have made a serious Easter Brunch. This year, it was a little sad to only set the table for 3 and I kept the menu super simple, but I used the china nonetheless. Clearly C didn't appreciate my bacon making skills.
Don't you love flowers in mason jars? So pretty.
After the entire family took afternoon naps, we spent the rest of the day outside. My boys mowed the lawn:
Have you ever seen anything so cute? I didn't think so.
Cullen spent some time in his fort, but apparently, has now changed it to his 'jungle'. In this picture he is telling me all about it. It went something like this, "Mommy, um um jungle, sebra, tiger, gators, gee-afee, and um um um, Riiiiiiiiiiiioooon!" Which translates to, "Mommy, in my jungle there are zebras, tigers, alligators, giraffes and LIONS!"
And with a final game of chase, we took a sweet boy inside for the night. He was so tired by the end of the day, he tried to crawl into bed naked after his bath. In mommy-world, that is a seriously successful day.
How was your Easter?

3 comments:

Elle Cay said...

my how our easters differ. i slept till 8 pm on sunday. ha! love the coral dress and the last pic of cullen.

fittingbackin said...

That a great self-timer pic! I love that even little C is looking! Speaking of little C - the dueling lawnmowers are pretty fabulous. :)

Tyler said...

I loved the lawnmowers too! So precious!

My Easter was spent driving home from Texas. It was so worth it though! Meeting baby Jasper was fabulous! I am madly in love!

Ryan and I made a pact that we weren't going to stress ourselves out for holidays. It's such a pain to go to 4 different places just to say hi and be forced to eat over and over again. No bueno! I think your Easter looked perfect!