Tuesday, April 12, 2011

California Here We Come!

As I alluded to yesterday, we have finally made our decision on where to move next: Monterey, here come the Larrabee's!

The final choice came down to The Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey or Virginia Tech and after a drive-through and some meetings in Blacksburg last Friday, we decided, without any reservations, that NPS was the best fit for us. Although it is going to be incredibly far away from family and everything familiar to us, we can't wait for the opportunity for this kind of adventure. We figured we will be able to see and do things that we otherwise never would, we are looking forward to living on post and being part of the military family and the program itself is best fit Kev's learning style and will best prepare him for his next position in the Army.

So the plan for now is to pray that the baby decides to come a little (healthily) early and to move out of our house in Winston around the 20th of June. From there, the kids and I will head to Luray and set up shop at my parents' farm while Kev treks cross country in my Yukon to sign in, get our house and homegoods delivered and figure out his class schedule. Meanwhile, Cullen, baby and I will be able to have a little extra help from family for a few weeks, plus give all our east coast people a chance to meet baby. Then, once the little one is about 6 weeks old, we will fly to California to be reunited as a family. So the next 2-3 months will be a little crazy, but I am honestly so at peace with the decision and can't wait to experience something so different from what I am used to. Plus, let's be honest, who wouldn't want to look at this everyday: And of course, visitors will always be welcome!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You lucky dog! I may just have to take you up on the visitors welcome.

ann's daughter said...

Congrats!!! I have a ton of family in the Bay Area, and my memories of visiting the parks in Monterey and the awesome aquarium are some of my favorites. I hope you're able to see the state, it's chock full of beauty! (I volunteer my services as a tour guide)

fittingbackin said...

EEEEE so exciting! Sounds like you guys have a wonderful plan that's going to work out perfectly!! I love it and am so happy for you on making this exciting decision!

Tyler said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

P.S. Where did you get the scented nail polish? I may need it!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Exciting!!! California is on my list of places I want to go... spent 2 summers in Oregon and I do love the West Coast! What a fun family adventure for you guys :)