Monday, May 30, 2011

Trains, BBQ and a Little Project

I am pretty proud of myself for really crossing of items on my 10 in 10 weeks list and this weekend was no different as we knocked off two more by taking C to the Transportation Museum in Spencer and eating Lexington BBQ on the way home.

The Museum is an old train depot that now houses classic trains, cars, fire trucks and airplanes, aka a little boy's best adventure.
C l-o-v-e-d it.




After visiting the permanent displays, we paid $5 to go on a 20 minute train ride. You could choose between an air conditioned or open window car and we decided, despite the heat, to go for the full experience of open windows. Good choice for the little man, who spent the majority of the 20 minutes out the window.
And alternating facial expressions of pure joy and awe, especially when the whistles would blow.

So much love for these two. Sometimes its hard to believe there is going to be room in my heart for another addition, but my mom assures me there is, and apparently this is not an uncommon thought for a second time mom!
Our timing at the museum was just enough for a two year old attention span, and after an two hours, we were all ready to eat. My first review of Lexington BBQ is that it is not easy to find! But once we finally found the sign, and the massive amount of cars in the parking lot, we knew we were in the right place.
The service was friendly and quick and the food was pretty good. I didn't think it was to die for, but I'm glad we made the stop.
Hard to believe we only have 3 weekends in Winston left. And maybe this one was our last as just a threesome? Let's hope!

Switching gears, if you remember a while back, I took a class on how to applique. Unfortunately I hadn't played around with it anymore since then, but I got inspired today and made some little beach shirts for my nephews:


They aren't perfect, but I think they are pretty cute for just doing it free hand. Hopefully with a little more pratice, I can make some better ones.

If you are still reading, good for you, this is a long post! I'm almost done now, I just wanted to leave you with one last picture, simply because its cute. We had to rise C off in the sink today because he was such a mess after playing outside. He thought it was hilarious.
Hope you had a great weekend!

3 comments:

fittingbackin said...

Look at that baby getting a tan! Love it. Glad you went to the BBQ place even though it wasn't to die for and you must be kidding, "freehand" or not those little outfits are SO cute! Great job you crafty girl.

Martha Metzler said...

The shirts are adorable! Miss you like crazy and wish I was sitting on your back porch.

Mad Hatter said...

I recommend the B&O Railroad Museum in Baltimore. My kids loved it when they were young and crazy about trains.