Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Change of Scenery

Monday morning, my boys and I decided to trade in the country for a little city livin for a few days. We packed up and drove into town to my parents' condo right outside of DC and have been enjoying the change of scenery. The scene between the tow places couldn't be more different. Here is the view off my parents' balcony:
Yes, that is National Airport, the Washington Monument, The Jefferson Memorial and just past the Monument, there is the White House. Good work Joan and Fritz.

The other perk of heading into the city is that Cullen's Happy Place is at my family's auto repair shop:



Bennett enjoyed his first trip to the shop too, appropriately dressed of course:
Since the shop wore C out and he went down for a good nap, I was able to sneak down to the pool and read a magazine while B slept too. So relaxing!

And best of all, I got to visit with my friend Cate. She came by to see C and meet Baby B, then we left the kiddies with my parents and went out to a lovely dinner in Old Towne. This afternoon, it is back out to the country, but we should have lots of visitors over the course of the long weekend to keep us busy. I am definitely glad we have both spots to go back and forth to!

Are you a city or country person?

1 comment:

fittingbackin said...

oh too hard to pick - i'm both!! I like having everything near me but don't mind driving a bit to get to it - give me my cake and i'd like to eat it too!

I love these pics - fab view and so fun for the boys. Baby B's outfit is mucho appropriate - hilarious!