Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sun and Friends

I'm not sure if you really understand the lack-of-sun situation, and maybe think I am a little crazy for constantly talking about it, so I figured I should show you what it is really like. This is was it looks like most days behind my house in the middle of the afternoon:
And this was my street yesterday evening:
And from the top of the mountain. See the cloud? It just sits on Monterey Bay all.the.time.
People say the weather should be changing soon and we will have a really nice fall, but in the meantime, I am sure you can guess where the family and I spent part of our weekend... Carmel Valley. Yay!




Then yesterday, we were grateful to find some East Coasters in San Francisco and spent the day walking around with old friends, seeing the sea lions and lunching.
Lys and my little Benjiman Button:
Our friends Nick and Erin and were so sweet to take time out of their anniversary to hang out with us!

Friends from home always make things better don't they? Now we are gearing up for another foggy week, but my mom comes tomorrow for a few days and we are SO exicted! Hope your weekend was great!

3 comments:

dbirkel said...

Being from Cleveland originally, I totally get the no sun issue. Come back to NC!!! Sun, Sun, Sun....even in the cold winter. We miss you!! Love you!

fittingbackin said...

fun! Love the pics, so nice to have visitors and I know you're going to have so much fun with your mom!

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Oh friend, I really, really understand about the lack of sun. The place we live (and thank the Lord are moving away from SATURDAY!) is like that... it's something nuts like almost 300 days out of the year that are cloudy. It really can affect your mood and make you depressed (Seasonal Affectiveness Disorder) so try to get out in the sun as much as possible! Not sure if there is anything else you can do short of light therapy? Maybe some Vitamin D?

Hang in there... we've been here for 2 years and 8 months and survived, so you can make it 2 years! But if you need to complain to someone who understands, I'm here!