Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Mess and Crab Dip (Unrelated)

For the past few Thursdays, I have jumped on board with LB's photography challenge and I have really been enjoying it because it gives me new purpose with my camera and I have made some great new bloggie friends. This week's challenge was to take a picture of a mess. This should have been a pretty easy task considering at least one section of my house is always a mess. (Do you ever feel that by the time you clean the whole house, where ever you started from is dirty again? If anyone knows how to avoid that, please share!) But after a few days of searching for the perfect mess that would also make a pretty picture, I was coming up short.

Then, on Monday, as luck would have it, I heard Cullen say from his play room "O no! Gordon, yous a mess!" and I quickly grabbed my camera to see what happened.

Cullen has an incredible imagination and has the most complex story lines going on in his playroom which he can easily relate back to me. One of my favorite things to do is to listen to him play. For this particular mess, it went a little something like this "Mommy, Dordon was chuggin' on da tracks but falled in da water. Thomas, he'z a bery useful engine and helps hiz friendz. Thomas is a wittle engine, so Spencer had to help too. All the oder engines, they crashed in da water. Da track is broken. Da big, big, big snow storm did it to da track. Awww Man! Dordon is sad." What a beautiful mess.

Now, onto a recipe, one of my favorites: easy crab dip. Here's what you need:
1 package of cream cheese, softened
1 can of crab meat, drained (I used canned, but if I have a few dollar to spare will buy the fresher stuff from the seafood counter)
2 tablespoons (2-3 big squirts) of mayo
1 teaspoon (2-3 dashes) of Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup of mexican cheese blend (I have also used mild cheddar)
Old Bay to taste

Mix cream cheese and crab until blended. Add mayo, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice until blended. Then mix in cheese and lots of old bay. Transfer from bowl into baking dish. Top with a little cheese and Old Bay.

Bake at 350 for 10 minuets until hot and bubbly. Serve with crackers and be prepared for compliments.

7 comments:

Terry said...

Awww, he's a cute mess. :)

natasha {schue love} said...

MMM sounds dangerously delish! Love your little helper too! :)

Kerry Rossow said...

Aawww, I love Thomas the Tank Engine! I heard many similar Thomas stories! My fellas are 10 and 12, but we all have a soft spot for Thomas! Thank you for popping by!
Kerry at housetalkn.blogspot.com

Alysa Regen said...

I'll take three orders of crab dip.

Tyler said...

YUM! We are having a seafood feast tonight and I wish I would have seen this while I was at the store earlier! Bummer man! I'll have to make this soon!

Laura Beth said...

There is nothing like a boy and his trains. At least it's a FUN mess :) Thanks for linking up. Oh, and the crab dip...looks incredible!

Mad Hatter said...

I like Cullen's train story. I have fond memories of "Thomas". We have the same trains and wooden track. It hasn't been played with in a long time, but it is the kind of toy to keep. Sometimes Thomas visits train museums and you can go for a ride in a car pulled by him. We did that at the train museum in Baltimore.