Thursday, October 27, 2011

Friday Fancies: My Dream Halloween

Happy Friday Friends! It has been such a perfect week. I cannot be happier my parents have been here and I have so much to share about their visit, but first, I must be faithful to my Friday Fancies. {av}'s prompt this week was to create a costume with no budget and honestly, my first thought was to go with the princess theme (since I love Kate Middleton and actually never went the princess route as a kid), but then I stumbled upon this gorgeous flapper dress on pinterest and well, it took over my post.
Dress, necklace, shoes, bracelet, earrings
Who doesn't love a good flapper get up? Add some onyx jewels and Gucci Mary-Janes, yes please! O how I wish I could have this in real life! Fortunately for yall, I will have pictures next week of one sweet little pumpkin and one cute little train engineer instead :)

On another note, until I can put all the posts together, here are some highlights from my parents' visit:











Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Sue said...

lovely photographs Kate you all look so happy especially the last one. Lots of lovely memories created

Vivian said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying your parents! The pictures are great and the flapper dress: LOVE IT!

Meggan of Lila Grace said...

That dress is amazing! I would love to wear that! So pretty! It looks like you had so much fun with your parents, I treasure the time when I get to see mine too :) Hope you have a great weekend, girl!

Sarah D. said...

That halloween costume is beautiful!!! I would definitely wear that! Hope you have a great weekend :)

Martha Metzler said...

your hair has been lookin fab recently my friend!
www.marthametzler.com

Julie said...

The pics are fabulous, looks like ya'll had a great time!

I'm totally loving that dress for your costume, it has an amazing amount of sparkle!! Hope you have a great Halloween weekend!

Mo Pie, Please said...

Super cute family pics! And I have had my eye on that beauty of a dress for so long. I was a flapper girl like 3 times as a kid and once again as an adult. If only that were the dress I had worn! Happy weekend :)

siddathornton said...

if i would have found that flapper dress, it definitely would have taken over my post, too! i love it. sometimes i think it would have been so much fun to live in the '20s & take part in flapper fashion. i guess now i'll just have to settle for halloween :)

cute fam pics! i hope you have a great weekend!

Tyler said...

Love the outfit. Love the pics. I agree with Martha- your hair is looking mighty fine! Have a great weekend!

Kirsten- The Foreign Domestic said...

That's so funny, I've been thinking about 20's inspired things a lot lately. That would be a fun outfit!

Stephanie said...

The last picture is a great family picture!!! Love the flapper dress!

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

What a beautiful family! Adorable kids :)

And that dress is gorgeous! I'm going as a flapper this year so I love your selection.

Ericka B. Jackson said...

I LOVE that outfit!!!

And the pic of C in his overhauls in front of the train is just too cute! :)

{av} | {long distance loving} said...

yay yay yay for the visit from your parents! I loved the sneak peek from your photos...it looks like you had some fabulous weather out in CA ;) I can't get enough of your Friday's Fancies either...I adore the idea of going as a flapper. SO chic and wonderful! hope you enjoyed your weekend! xoxo {av}

Megan @ Lovely Happenings said...

Flapper was the way to go! I like the dress you used. Very pretty.