Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Part I: The Farm

Hi Friends, I have missed you! Things have been so crazy around here, but really great and now that we have a house full of sleeping little cousins and some quiet, I'm going to give you a quick Christmas re-cap.

We started Christmas Eve at my parents farm, complete with all my brothers, my mom and dad, Grandma and Grandpa Ray.
 The afternoon was spent shooting clays

 And spending time with my Goddaughter Grace and her little sister Bridget

 And we watched the sun go down in the Shenandoah.
 Late that night, we decided to have a Christmas Eve bonfire,
 And even though my parents said that watching my brothers play chicken with a lighted log wasn't exactly what they had in mind for their first farm Christmas,
 You can't deny that they look pretty happy having us all there.
 Christmas morning, my boys were so excited to see that Santa had come again.

 The best gift by far was my older brother's ball and chain, lovingly made by my little brother, Bummy.
 Cullen made sure all Bennett's gifts were working right.
And we all bought the same gifts for each other. 
 The big finale was Cullen and Bennett's kitchen for the play house my parents plan on making for the boys at the farm.

Success!


How was your Christmas Eve/Morning?

6 comments:

Mrs. Pancakes said...

mine was definitely NOT as festive as yours!! the kids and grown ups look like they had an awesome time!

Katie said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas with lots of family and fun. Love your gifts to each other :) Gorgeous pictures too!!

laurenjeanallece said...

That little kitchen is amazing! And that photo of your babies diving into their presents is too precious - definitely frame worthy!

lori said...

looks like a great christmas! i love the ball and chain, so funny! and cute kiddos!!

GiGi Reed said...

Wow, you truly have a beautiful family! This post made me smile. :)

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

BENScopingau said...

Hi Kate, allerbeste Grüße aus Schöppingen für Eure ganze Familie:
Ihr hattet bestimmt ein wunderbares Weihnachtsfest und viel Spaß und Freude. Es ist immer wieder schön, Deine interessanten und warmen Bilder zu sehen.
Annette und Bernd-Elmar