Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friday Fancies: Blog Swap

First, my friends, THANK YOU for all the amazing comments and email about my post yesterday. I am so glad that I have so many Happy Bloggers along for the ride!
*********
For today's Friday Fancies, some of the FF loyals have been paired up for a blog swap and I am happy to have the talented Anna from Simply Stylish Mom sharing her tips for slimming down your wardrobe and finding the best basics to complete your look. And when you are done with her tips, be sure to jump over to Simply Stylish Mom to see my look for a busy Mom on the go. Take it away Anna!

**********

When working with clients cleansing their wardrobes, I've found that they've had too many pieces and when asked to show my wardrobe, people have been shocked as to how little things I have in mine. I think it's about covering the essentials and then stocking up on accessories: hats, scarves, jewellery, purses and shoes.
Here are my top 12 essential wardrobe items for any Simply Stylish Mom:
1. A pair of well fitted jeans
Pinned Image
2. A classic trench
Pinned Image
3. A leather jacket
Pinned Image
4. A LBD
Pinned Image
5. A black cardigan
Pinned Image
6. A white cotton shirt
Pinned Image
7. A silk blouse
Pinned Image
8. A breton shirt
Pinned Image
9. Dress pants
Pinned Image
10. A turtleneck sweater
Pinned Image
11. A white t-shirt
Pinned Image
12. A skirt (that suits your body eg. short, long, a-line, pencil etc.)
Pinned Image

**********
Don't forget to check out my look on Simply Stylish Mom. Thanks for the essentials Anna!

Hope y'all have a wonderfully positive weekend! Do you have any big plans?

20 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Those are def some key pieces!

Allison said...

Thank you! My daughter has insisted for years that you don't need a LOT of clothes you just need the right ones. I've learned to buy only basics that are perfect and in colors I know I will WEAR, but it was a hard process. Now I know I need to purge my closet again, but I have that nagging, "what if I want to wear it sometime" thought that runs through my mind. This is a GREAT reminder. Thanks!

p.s. Leather jacket at 41? Still good?

Anna (A Newfound Treasure) said...

Yes, great essentials!! A silk blouse, white V and feeds pants are at the top of my "must" list :) Love these picks.

Anna
www.anewfoundtreasure.com

Lindsay K {lastyearoftwentysomething} said...

Wow! These are great essentials that everyone should own!

Jenn said...

Love this list! This will help with the post-baby wardrobe :)

Cheryl E. said...

This is perfect! What every Mama needs to own in her closet. Great, great selections.

Have a awesome weekend!

xoxo,
Cher
http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

Cathy said...

Great list! I'm happy to see that I have most of the essentials, but it looks like I might need to add a leather jacket :)

Ashlyn said...

great pieces! wish I had some of those in my wardrobe!

xoxo
Ashlyn

Meg {henninglove} said...

i love this list!! essentials are very important and that striped skirt is gorgeous! is that trench from old navy? because it looks exactly like the one i own

Laura said...

Great essentials love the blush blouse and the dress pants!

Mandy@OrangeAutumn said...

Great, classic pieces!! I love that skirt! Great advice.

Emily said...

Love that skirt!

marie said...

Apparently I can't comment, not sure why, I've had a few issues this morning with being able to comment through blogspot, but I can piggy back a comment, so - I am in love with the red and white skirt. I try sometimes to be a stylish mom, usually I must admit comfort wins out.

Heather said...

I love and wear all of these pieces! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Stesha said...

oh i am obsessed with that red and white skirt!

xo
Classic & Bubbly

Nicole Rene said...

Wow that leather jacket is soooooooo awesome!! I want it!!! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!!!

Nicole

Tami said...

I so need a new pair of jeans! None of mine fit right and it is so frustrating!

Sagittarian said...

Oh, this is so lovely post! Thanks for sharing..:) I love all as simple but elegant look..:) Thanks Kate!:)

leather jackets said...

Check out the latest collection of cheap leather jacket by angeljackets.com, made up with the best leather material to ensure you to provide our quality product within your accessible budget without any doubt.

leather jackets for women said...

Such an elegant collection.