Thursday, May 24, 2012

Friday Fancies: Memorial Day

Happy Friday, my friends! Do you have plans for the long weekend? My sister in law, Katie arrived from DC yesterday and will be here to hang out with us for a few days, then be a life saver and help the boys and I journey back to the East Coast next week. This is her first trip to CA, so we have so much to do with her; from hitting up the beach, shopping in Carmel and wine tasting in Carmel Valley, I'm going to need a cute and casual outfit for this weekend's activities.
FF: Memorial Day


1. I am SO in love with this Knee length dress, $58 from Etsy.

2. Classic Jack Rogers sandals would be a nice change up from my usual Rainbows.

3. A big bag like this Marc by Marc Jacobs marc jacobs tote, £165 for important things like diapers and wine glasses.

4. AK Anne Klein chain link necklace, $85

5. A little punch of color, Pieces flower earrings, $8.70

6. And this Butter London nail lacquer, $14.








Finally,as much as fun as it is to get a summer-ready outfit together, please do not forget the purpose of this holiday weekend.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, make sure you stop and remember those who died in order to protect our freedom and pray for those who are fighting endlessly to preserve it.

Happy Memorial Day and Thank You to all who serve!

*****
PS- My Summer Accessories Giveaway ends Monday. Have you entered yet? Click here!

20 comments:

Megan C. Stroup said...

Cute dress! And good idea with the wine tasting. A must for any first-time California visitor. :)

Simply Splendid LOVE said...

totally in love with this bag! have a happy weekend!

Tami said...

Love the dress and the sandals! I wear my Rainbows 24-7 - I really need to get some cuter alternatives! Have a fun weekend with your SIL!

Laura said...

That dress is gorgeous! Have a great weekend, Kate :)

Mamasita said...

LOVE your choices for the weekend! I want to come with to the wine tasting, by the way!!!!! :)
Have a blast!
Thanks for reminding us what Memorial Day is all about!!!!!
Lots of love,
Maggie

Susan said...

I love that dress!It's so perfect for this time of year. I hope you and your sister in law have a wonderful weekend with your guys!

Sean Marie said...

I need that dress! I love the shape of it and the pattern is so cute. Email me about your schedule while you're in VA, I would love to blogger date!

Hope you have an awesome weekend. I'm sure you guys will have fun and I hope to see ya next week! :)

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

Love this outfit! Hope you all have a great time this weekend:)

Sam said...

Love that dress! Such a fun outfit!

Heather said...

What a great look! I hope you have an amazing weekend with your sister-in-law!

Ashley said...

I wear my Jack Rodger every day. Get some!!

TIffany Gabriel said...

Have so so much fun with your Sister dear!!!! When and were on the East Coast are you going?!??!

Nicole Rene said...

Wow that dress is really precious & I want it!!!! :) And have fun this weekend!

Swede Dreamer said...

Way cute green dress! And I really love the bag...Angie

Clara Turbay said...

your style and good taste are unmistakable!

Sagittarian said...

I love your fashion,:) thanks for sharing!:)

Allison said...

The shoes! And to think I lathered up my 41 year old legs with self-tanner just this morning and wore open-toed heels with my tight skirt. :) Those sandals would set my fake tan off to perfection!! xoxo

Sarah said...

LOVE the simplicity of this - perfect for anything this weekend! And cute! What great thinking :) Love your blog!

Nicole Marie said...

LOVE that dress! Soo cute.

Kristin said...

I love sweetheart necklines! Somehow, without being home for the memorial services and picnics, it doesn't seem like Memorial Day weekend. Hope you had fun wine-tasting!