Since a few of your asked yesterday, here is the recipe for an incredibly simple week night supper.
Array of summer veggies. I used 2 zucchini, 1 squash, 1 tomato, 1 onion, and half a head of broccoli straight from the Farmer's Market in Montery
Juice of 1 lemon
2 gloves garlic
1 tablespoon of capers
Red Pepper flakes to taste (we like thing hot, so I probably used 2 teaspoons)
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Angel Hair pasta
Shredded Italian Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Boil water and add pasta, cook until al denta (9-12 minutes)
2. While pasta is cooking chop veggies into bite size pieces, except for the garlic, mince it.
3. Heat large skillet on med-high and coat with EVOO
4. Add garlic first, then zucchini, squash and onion.
5. Sautee veggies for a few minutes until cooked through, add broccoli.
6. Drain pasta, but reserve about a half a cup of the water and add to skillet veggies.
7. Stir in tomatoes, capers, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
8. Add pasta to skillet and mix all together.
9. Spoon into a bowl and garnish with shredded cheese and salt and pepper to your taste.