Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Vegetable Pasta

Since a few of your asked yesterday, here is the recipe for an incredibly simple week night supper.

Ingredients:
Array of summer veggies. I used 2 zucchini, 1 squash, 1 tomato, 1 onion, and half a head of broccoli straight from the Farmer's Market in Montery
Juice of 1 lemon
2 gloves garlic
1 tablespoon of capers
Red Pepper flakes to taste (we like thing hot, so I probably used 2 teaspoons)
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Angel Hair pasta
Shredded Italian Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Boil water and add pasta, cook until al denta (9-12 minutes)
2. While pasta is cooking chop veggies into bite size pieces, except for the garlic, mince it.
3. Heat large skillet on med-high and coat with EVOO
4. Add garlic first, then zucchini, squash and onion.
5. Sautee veggies for a few minutes until cooked through, add broccoli.
6. Drain pasta, but reserve about a half a cup of the water and add to skillet veggies.
7. Stir in tomatoes, capers, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
8. Add pasta to skillet and mix all together.
9. Spoon into a bowl and garnish with shredded cheese and salt and pepper to your taste.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Totally making this soon! Looks delish... I love summer Veggies!

Katie said...

Thanks! I'll give it a go next week:)

eas said...

This looked so yummy yesterday! ThAnks for sharing!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

This looks delicious! I think I will give it a try!!

marie said...

Healthy and beautiful, great combo.

Shannon said...

Oh yes. I'm making this next week. LOVE.

Shannon said...

PS: I just pinned your recipe onto pinterest. Do you feel famous??

Heather said...

Sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Melly said...

I'm a vegetarian and this looks delish!

Stephanie said...

YUM! I've been craving any kind of pasta, and this looks amazing!

TIffany Gabriel said...

Thanks I will def. be trying this out fairly soon!!!

Eliza :: Case Study said...

Oooh this looks delicious! I'm pinning this to my cooking board :)

Kristin said...

I love sauteeing veggies and tossing in pasta. It's so simple! I've yet to try capers yet though. Worth it??

Anonymous said...

Military pilot who had sex with an 11 year old boy when he was a 17 year-old virgin!!! A JUNIOR IN HIGH SCHOOL WHO HAD SEX WITH AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STUDENT!!! He needs to be on a sexual preditor list.
How long did this pedophile masterbate and think about having sex with this pre-pubescent child? In boot camp? Into his flight training? 20, 25 YEARS OLD??? OLDER???
"Creepy rotten grape attached to an otherwise normal bunch."
He was never was very smart. He didn't figure out how prostitution worked until he was in the military:::
You don't want to pay someone to LET you suck HIS dick. You should have waited for the child to suck YOUR dick before you let him drive your car.