Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Guest Post: Marie from Feeding Five

Hello again from the beach! Here is a sneak peak of what we have been up to:
Today, Marie from Feeding Five is here to give you a little insight into summer with school aged kids. If you aren't reading Marie's blog yet, you should immediately head over there. She is smart, creative, funny, faithful, a good photographer and an amazing cook. Plus her kids are gorgeous, insightful and well behaved AND her hubby is handsome. Yet, despite of all that, you can't help but love her. Take it away, Marie.
*********
My name is Marie and I blog at 'Feeding Five'.  My blog is a journal of my crazy, lovely, fun and real life with 3 kids, my handsome husband and our chihuahua who I didn't want but am now obsessed with. 
I love blogs like Kate's where mom's relish in motherhood and the day to day challenges and struggles of raising a family.  It's the hardest job on earth so to make it easier we just have to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

I grew up in a family of 11.  Nine kids, 2 parents and a revolving door of animals.  No I didn't grow up on a farm.  I grew up in the big city, San Jose to be exact in a little 1400 square foot house.  We had lots of bunk beds.  And yes we're Mormon, why do you ask?

With so many kids there were always chores, a diaper to change, a meal to cook or a bike to ride down the street to get yet another gallon of milk.  There was no time for T.V. and I am lucky I got as many Brady Bunch episodes in as I did.

I had an innocent and carefree childhood.  There was lots of studying, reading, barbies, make-believe and being together. 

Times have changed so much since I was a kid and even though so much more is available to kids now, I tend to take the old fashioned approach with my kids. 

The day my oldest learned to turn the T.V. on by herself we got rid of it.  The T.V. that is.  That lasted a few years until my husband got me one for our bedroom so I would have something to watch while on my stairmaster.  Oh how I missed Oprah.

Eventually we created Friday night movie nights and 1 season of American Idol that the girls adored but I cringed through (the outfits!, the language!) and then our T.V. broke so now we're back to no T.V.
It's really not so bad.  The kids love books and keep busy with playing, chores, homework, bike rides and play practice.  I am a huge lover of books.  There is nothing that makes me happier than all of us cuddled up together reading separately or together.

Now, for the summer, I am so enjoying spending the mornings doing a sort of home school curriculum with the kids and spending the afternoons at the pool and beach.
I couldn't wait for summer as a kid, but now as an adult the thought of having my kids all to myself makes me giddy.  I miss them.

Plus part of our curriculum is chores.   Kids old enough to clean bathrooms, definitely something to look forward to.

**********
Don't you just want to spend a day at their house? Thanks so much Marie for sharing your motherhood experiences with us. And I am definitely looking forward to having a couple bathroom cleaners in a few years!

36 comments:

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh what a fabulous post, I love her family already. I can't wait to check out her blog, heading over now!!!!!!!!!

marie said...

Thanks for having me Kate. I am sure you're basking in the sun right about now!

Jenn said...

Hilarious!! Will definitely be checking out Marie's blog ASAIGI! (As Soon As I Get Internet, duh)

Candice said...

That first picture of Marie's family is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online no prescription overnight tramadol 50 mg paracetamol 500 mg - 10 50 mg tramadol

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan 0.05mg - ativan overdose children

Anonymous said...

tramadol online how to buy tramadol online - tramadol 50mg dosage

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100 tramadol hcl online pharmacy - buy tramadol with a mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online cod overnight tramadol 50mg tablets used - tramadol hcl er 200 mg side effects

Anonymous said...

order tramadol tramadol online usa - tramadol for opiate addiction

Anonymous said...

ativan online lorazepam buy online uk - ativan withdrawal how long last

Anonymous said...

klonopin online klonopin dosage erowid - klonopin wafers cost

Anonymous said...

tramadol online no prescription tramadol overdose many - tramadol for dogs dosage

Anonymous said...

klonopin buy buy clonazepam mastercard - xanax vs klonopin for social anxiety

Anonymous said...

tramadol 100mg buy tramadol online without rx - tramadol 50 mg buy online

Anonymous said...

klonopin buy klonopin withdrawal high blood pressure - klonopin insomnia

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without rx buy tramadol overnight shipping - tramadol for dogs dosage uk

Anonymous said...

ambien cost ambien rx sleeping pill - highest dosage ambien prescribed

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online what does tramadol 50 mg do to you - tramadol online 180

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online legally ambien side effects eyes - cost ambien 5 mg

Anonymous said...

order tramadol overnight tramadol hcl 100mg - buy tramadol in canada

Anonymous said...

buy klonopin online klonopin side effects long term usage - klonopin zyrtec interaction

Anonymous said...

buy generic tramadol online kids getting high tramadol - tramadol online canada

Anonymous said...

buy ativan online long ativan your system - ativan side effects twitching

Anonymous said...

generic ambien does navy drug test ambien - ambien pharmacy no prescription

Anonymous said...

soma online somo 650 - where to buy soma online overnight

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol without a script buy tramadol online usa - tramadol zofran interaction

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol buy cheap tramadol online uk - tramadol hcl 93

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol 100mg online tramadol withdrawal day 5 - dosage of tramadol 50mg

Anonymous said...

klonopin anxiety klonopin dosage anxiety - klonopin versus generic

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online cheap ok take 2 50mg tramadol - tramadol online mastercard

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online overdose on ambien side effects - ambien cr 12.5 mg best price

Anonymous said...

online soma soma lingerie - jeffree star soma san diego

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol online tramadol 200mg online - tramadol versus vicodin

Anonymous said...

order klonopin no prescription easy overdose klonopin - klonopin 1mg side effects

Anonymous said...

order tramadol online mastercard tramadol 50 mg high snort - tramadol 50mg para que serve