Sunday, September 23, 2012

Our Trip, The First Part

I've started this post a few times now, but I just don't know where to begin.
Our vacation was amazing.
 I took hundreds of pictures.
They are all amazing. 
I fell in love with San Diego.
It is amazing.

So I'll just start with my favorite picture (besides the one I posted last week).
Look at those three. Good stuff, I tell you.

The trip started early Sunday morning. We decided to drive halfway to Santa Barbara and the way down looked a little something like this.




Four hours later, we arrived in the beautiful city of Santa Barbara.
 It has a very similar feel to Monterey, except it was warm, and all the buildings matched, which I loved.


I was able to tour the Santa Barbara Mission alone while Kev took the boys to run around in a nearby field and I loved seeing this part of my faith's and California's history.

 After lunch and a bit more walking around, we hopped back in the car about 45 minutes south to Oxnard, CA for an overnight stay. We didn't think about it ahead of time, but this was the boys first stay in a hotel room and one little guy was certainly feeling it.
 The next morning was another 3 hour trip straight to the San Diego Zoo.
Be thankful for a military discount and pretending Cullen is not yet 3- although impressive, this zoo was pretty expensive.
 The boys loved every bit.

Out of the car. Yippie!

 Afterward, we crossed over to Coronado to our hotel on the Naval Base.
 Ah-mazing.

More on that Tuesday.

22 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like you had an amazing time! I absolutely love San Diego!

Kristina said...

San Diego is so amazing! Love your pics and I too have pretended Mia was 11 months to get "under 1" discounts! ;)

Kristin said...

So. Jealous.
Gorgeous :)

Shannon said...

Awesome so far...

...keep 'em coming!

Tarabelle said...

My husband tells me the San Diego Zoo is a must do. Looks like fun!

Tara

http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

Bonnie said...

The kids certainly look like they were having a blast! :)

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

laurenjeanallece said...

Really though, the SB city planners get gold stars all over the place for the coordinated look of that city - I love Santa Barbara! My old roommate and I used to stop there on our way up to Cambria almost every weekend (either that or San Luis Obispo).

And that pic of C in the hotel... What a lush! A kid could get used to this :)

Tami said...

Wow! All of the pictures are amazing!! It looks like the kiddos love the zoo! Was it super crowded? It's one of the things I look forward to most about SD!

Amanda @ Eloquent English said...

The Pelicans! ESHK! One of my faves is of the kiddos against the glass at the zoo. =) xoxo

Lauren said...

yay! for amazing family vacations...can't wait to hear more!

Stephanie said...

I've been to San Diego a few times and I LOVE IT there! It looks like you guys had an amazing time...I can't wait to see more pictures!

Meg {henninglove} said...

cant wait to read more about your trip! glad to see you had a great trip down and cullen looks mighty relaxed in that hotel bed he knows how to live it up

Tiara Wasner said...

Looks like a great start!

Jenn said...

Ah! Love the pic of the 3 of them, and definitely the one of C in the hotel room- the kid knows what he likes, so what? ;)

And seeing your room at the Naval Base kinda makes me wish we were in the Navy...

Emma McCartney said...

Your blog is lovely and these pictures are amazing! What a cute little family you have! xx

myprettymummy.com

Buttons said...

Oh I can see how much fun you were having your photos are awesome. What a lovely family you have. B

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

You make me want to go on Vacay to Cali all the time. Its such a beautiful place!!!!

stephanie said...

the boys don't look they are having any fun at all!

Megan C. Stroup said...

I'm in Santa Barbara right now! Looks like we just missed each other.

KERRY said...

Wow what beautiful pics, thanks for sharing your mini vacation with us! I can't wait to visit San Diego in December :) Santa Barbara looks awesome too :) Your boys are so cute, love the pic of Cullen on the bed lol

Janna Renee said...

I've never been to San Diego, but it's on the list of future destinations! Hopefully, sooner than later ;)

B. said...

I love California! You are so brave to road trip with two little ones. It's not easy, but it's worth it.