Sunday, September 30, 2012

Weekend Update: Fall and Sun!

Happy Monday, my friends. How was your weekend? Our was good, especially after a tough week last week (more on that tomorrow), we needed a few days to relax.

So relax, we did. Starting with a family movie and pizza night Friday. We watched Alvin and the Chipmunks, Chipwrecked, and picked up a $6 large pizza from Little Cesar's, made a picnic on the living room floor and enjoyed the night together.
Saturday morning, we lazed around, did a little grocery shopping, went for run, put some boys down for nap, then in the afternoon headed to Carmel Valley for some sunshine.

Future heart-breakers of America. Honestly. How much trouble are those blues going to give me in the future?
 We opted for Georis Happy Hour: $5 glasses of wine, free apps, lots of room for the kids to run, sunshine? Perfection.
 This is Bennett's poop face. And a meatball on a stick.
Things you needed to see, right?
 An older lady came up to us during the course of the evening and told us it was so good to see well- behaved children. This is the nicest thing you can tell a parent, but of course we had to question her judgement as later we put the boys 'in jail'.
 And then Cullen started eating his toys.
 Maybe it was their sweetness that convinced the lady that they are well behaved?
 Or the mullet. The mullet is pretty distracting.
 Hm. Well behaved? Or hilarious peanut butter mustache?
 Either way, I appreciated her kind words and the sunshine in Carmel Valley.

We ended our Saturday with cocktails with the neighbors and Saturday football highlights.

Sunday morning started bright and early with this little man and me:
 And then continued at Gizdich Ranch for a little fall celebration.
 The sun was out when we woke up (a rarity around here) so we opted to skip Mass and have a Creation Appreciation Day.
Fresh Apple Pie? Don't mind if I do.
 We went here last year too, can you believe how big the boys have gotten?



Some naps, a dinner dropped off to friends who recently had a baby, an 8 mile run by Kev, bath, dinner and Once Upon a Time, then the weekend was over.

Just what we needed.

Happy October!

And while you are clicking through blogs today, will you give some love to Martha, as she explains life as a war-wife and Jenn, who just saw her husband leave for Afganistan? They could use your uplifting words!

Linked to:

21 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks girl :)

I'm seriously loving B's poop face. Omg I just want to kiss him and his mullet. (No doubt you will be in trouble with those blue eyes- heartbreaker!!)

Candice said...

Looks like an absolutely wonderful weekend with family! Your posts make me feel so excited about one day becoming a mother!

Mrs. K said...

I wonder if I'll ever hear those words uttered. I don't think the odds are in my favor. ;) Glad you had a good time- I loved seeing the photos of your weekend!

Shannon said...

That mullet may be distracting, but only in the cutest way ever.

Glad you had a good weekend. :)

Amanda @ Eloquent English said...

What a fun weekend! That fried apple pie... Oh my...

stephanie said...

little caesars pizza and a movie night is a frequent occurrence in our house!

The Not Quite Military Wife said...

I love their little outfits! It looks like they had such a blast this weekend!

Kari said...

I wish we were neighbors. :) I would crash your perfect happy hours and stare at that mullet every chance I could get! :)
xoxo

Stephanie said...

Oh my, these photos are perfection. Especially those striped shirts! They look so adorable!

marie said...

Adorable pictures. Ethan had those p.j.'s with the monkeys on them, oh I miss those days so much.

Little Ceasars movie nights are the best.

Lauren said...

your boys are too cute! and seriously thank goodness for Little Caesar's...that's such a perfect meal for a lazy night! & just a note, large pizzas are $5 here in our area...ha!

Jen said...

It looks like you had a wonderful weekend! :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Your boys are so full of life, its beautiful to see!!!

Courtney said...

Aw--the eyes, the smiles!! Gorgeous boys. I want to eat that pie right now, pumpkin patch is on our list for Saturday:) Looks like a great weekend, we're totally copying your family movie night, why have we never done that? Oh, because I'm normally hiding in my closet with a glass of wine by 7:45:)

WhisperingWriter said...

Mmmm, apple pie. I love it.

My kids love Chipwrecked. I couldn't sit through it so they watched it upstairs in their rooms. The first one was enough for me.

laurenjeanallece said...

Any heartbreaking on B's part might be quelled with a well-timed viewing of the "poop face + mullet + meatball" photo... Just sayin', that could be lethal :)

Also, that picture of Cullen reaching for the apples needs to be framed. I love it!

And finally, LOTS of love to you. Just because.

p.s. 8 miles Kev? Shoot. I can't even make it around the track once without getting winded. You're my hero. Run a mile for me please?

Janna Renee said...

Your boys are gorgeous and so are YOU. Love that picture of you! Plus those eyes? I die!

Buttons said...

Oh your kids are the cutest.
Awesome photos you make me smile. I am heading over to Martha and Jenn's site. B

eas said...

Your weekend sounds so perfect. There is nothing better than a compliment from stranger on your childs behavior. Nice work mom!

Emily Meyers said...

Hey Kate! I just found your cute blog and added myself to your follower! I'd also love to let you know about a fun Betsey Johnson Giveaway I’m having that ends soon! I’ll leave a link below:)

Hope you stop by and say hello, and thanks so much lady!
Xo, Emily

Freckled Fox - Giveaway

Megan C. Stroup said...

"Creation Appreciation Day"? I love it! Also, B is definitely going to be a heartbreaker. So blue!