Friday, November 30, 2012

Why I haven't Been Blogging

My camera broke. Well that, and we have been busy.

A quick recap:
We stayed with my in-laws this week, but since everyone works during the day, the boys and I have been going on our own adventures during the day.

Monday: Visited with my Oma and Opa (another set of great grandparents for my boys) and then watched the boys convince my mom to buy a large amount of things at the toy store. Returned to my inlaws in the evening for dinner.
The boys' new Playmobile Farm house (I didn't take pictures of the lacrosse sticks, coloring books, police figures, horse trailer and jeep...)
Tuesday: Went to my grade school, where my grandma still works. Saw some old teachers and then went to breakfast with my cousin and her two girls at the same diner where Grandma used to take us as kids. Special day, no pictures :( We spent the afternoon with Kev's dad who had the day off. C had Scott play every activity in their house, he is such a trooper!

Wednesday: Took the boys to the National Zoo with my mom.


Thursday: Brought the boys back up to Alexandria and then watched them leave with my mom for two days out to the farm. This is only the second time I have left B and it feels weird! But I was extremely grateful for the quiet time Thursday afternoon and a date with Kev last night. He surprised me with an early Christmas gift. 
He's kind of amazing, isn't he? I have already talked to my mom this morning and she and the boys are having a blast. 

Today: I have two photo shoots (with my new camera!) and one is my first official blate with the lovely Elizabeth from Who's Excited?. Then tonight we are having our once a year trip to the bars with all my high school friends and other friends in the area.

How was your week?

19 comments:

fittingbackin said...

Boo - sorry about your camera but glad you got a new one - woo!

I LOVED playmobile growing up - FAVORITE. Had all of their furniture for my dollhouse. hehe

Lauren said...

yay for a new camera! & hope you enjoyed your date night...we've got one tonight!

Amanda @ Eloquent English said...

What happened to your old one? YAH for the new one!!!! My new camera arrived on Thursday, but apparently the husband isn't going to give it to me early... Guess I won't be taking it to Chicago with me for Christmas... Oh well... =/

Ashley said...

Yay new camera!!! :)

Heather said...

Aw, I love the National Zoo! Sounds like you guys are having a great time with family!

Shannon said...

Whoooooa - nice new camera, lady!

Looking forward to more beautiful pics!

stephanie said...

yay for a new camera! and a good one at that!! merry christmas indeed :)

Jen said...

Yay for a new camera!!!! :)

Katie said...

A fresh new camera...nothing better...good job hubs! Loving the Playmobile farm house...brings back crazy memories of back in the day! I can't for Meyer to be old enough to enjoy that:)

Dancing Branflake said...

WHAT?! A Nikon?! AMAZING!!!!!!
Can you tell I'm excited for you? heh.

Jenn said...

That Kev, he knows how to woo a girl, huh? Congrats on the fancy new camera! Enjoy your childless time!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

I love the National Zoo! We took Trenton when he was about 9 months old. There was a baby gorilla that was born the week before Trenton. It was so neat to see!

Glad you guys are having fun, but we can't wait to have y'all back here. Trenton tells me every day how he misses Cullen!

Tiara Wasner said...

That's a bummer about your camera -- followed by an awesome new one. Loving your photos from the east coast!

lauren jean allece said...

That's the same camera I have! Once you learn how to use it you'll have to teach me all the bells and whistles I still haven't figured out!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Sounds like so much fun girl!!!

Janna Renee said...

Oh no! Camera's breaking are the worst EVER. He is such a good hubby to get you a new one :)

eas said...

Love those pics from the zoo. Aren't the pandas mesmerizing?

We got E a playmobil RV for Christmas. They are the best sets.'

Yay for new cameras.

We loved meeting you!

Ashley said...

Now THAT is a farmhouse. I'm going to have to get my boys one of those.

Sorry your camera broke, but awesome that you got a new one!!

Ashley said...

What a husband! That new camera is awesome... so we should expect to see lots more pretty photos on the blog soon? ;)

Glad you got a wonderful new Christmas gift. (: Happy Monday!