As I mentioned on Friday, last week, the family and I decided to take the pretty easy 5 hour trip up to Lake Tahoe for a long weekend. At the Tahoe Beach and Ski Club, where we stayed for the 2 nights, our view of the lake was beautiful.
We were able to get a one bedroom suite for a fairly reasonable price and they even provided us with a crib for B and rollaway for C. The bedroom had plenty of room for those as well as a King bed. Suites are pretty vital for us with the ages of the boys and it is so nice to be able to put them to bed and still stay up/watch tv/talk without bothering them. We also like having a kitchenette because we are cheap resourceful and bring most of our food from home in order to save money. On the down side, the resort itself was a little dated and had few amenities; they said the outdoor pool was heated to 84 degrees but it was definitely not; since it is also a timeshare building, there was no daily maid service (it is just me, or is that one of the best parts of hotel staying? I come back to the room and it is magically cleaned? Talk about vacation) and the check in was not at all prompt. The hotel was fine for our two nights, but I doubt we would choose it for a second stay.
On Friday morning we decided to take the boys tubing (By 'we', I mean I went once and Kev took the boys the rest of the time).
Bennett was a little unsure about the slides
And Cullen was really unsure about Kev taking B instead of him.
Luckily for C, it really was a bit overwhelming for Bubs and a lollipop in the back of the car was a much better deal.
After lunch at State Line Brewery, another round of baths and some long naps, we were back out in the snow on the sleds.
Although we didn't love the town of South Lake Tahoe as much as we were expecting to, we definitely appreciated its natural beauty and the smiles the activities brought to the boys' faces. Overall, it was a fun three days and we are glad we took the opportunity to do something different.

And now, the holidays are over and routine is back in our life. I am ready for it! How about you?










18 comments:
SO fun! Your view was amazing! :) I'm ready to get back into a routine as well.
Aww looks like you had so much fun! You came at the perfect time...the snow and weather was great this past weekend!! :)
I remember going to Tahoe a few times growing up and each time the only highlight i remember was "Ooh! Snow! SNOW!" but even as a kid not being totally impressed with the place.
It's much more exciting if you're a kid and all you're focused on is the snowy wonderland!
These pictures are awesome as ever!
Glad you had a good time. That first picture is beautiful!
The weather was perfect Saturday and there was plenty of snow for the boys to play in. Looks like they had a great time. Love the photos!
Bummed to hear you didn't care too much for the town. Let me know if you make it back up and I'll send you a list of fun places :)
The good thing is you got to mark it off the list of places to see while living out hear!! AND it was still a lovely family vacay!! :) love the pictures!
I swear that Cullen could be a model for Children's Place or Carters or something with that perfect smile he has. And your photos, as usual, are gorgeous. Glad you got some snow in during the holidays!
Back to the grind.. Oh wait! Only 17 more days until the next vacation! Not that anyone is counting... ;)
I'm pretty sure I've been tubing at that exact spot in Lake Tahoe which is really exciting to me (probably too exciting) because I've only been there once and I live so very far away.
looks like so much fun.
Your photos from this trip are just gorgeous. It makes me want to go there...well, if I didn't live completely across the country that is.
I really just don't want to be at work. ;) somehow I need to find a way to not have to work, but still make/have money? hmmmm
Oh how I love Lake Tahoe. I've only been there in the summer, but I'd love to go in the winter. It looks like you guys had an AMAZING time!
Looks like fun, even if it wasn't quite everything you expected. I definitely want to go to Tahoe, but probably during the summer months.
Going tubing in the snow is so much fun, we haven't done it in years though. Happy New Year!
Your pictures are beautiful. I'm so glad you and the family got to go and the area. i remember you saying it was on your to do list before you left. Not going you never would have been about to experience it and see if you did like it or not and you would have always had that though in the back of your mind. I bet the four of you all still had a wonderful family get away.
I'm am with you though on the maid / cleaning service. So nice to come back to a clean room and freshly made bed.
Awww loved that the boys had fun...great pics!!
OMG so incredible! And jealous.
I really want to do a "snow" trip one of these days w/ the kiddos - since they will hardly ever see snow in Houston. We went to NYC in December...but didn't luck out on snow. Must go somewhere that will almost always have it!
-Tara
http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com
Oh my gosh! What gorgeous pictures. Looks like so much fun!! xx
Post a Comment