Monday, January 20, 2014

What We Did

It has been a while since I did a basic weekend recap. The past few weeks (months) have been so crazy, it has been a long time since we just hung out, took a lot of pictures and had some quality family time.

Friday night we had dinner with my parents and Kev's parents to celebrate my mom and Kev's dad's birthdays. (You might remember that they were friends looong before Kev and I started dating, so it is also fun to hang out with the 4 of them). 

Saturday morning, we went to an estate sale (and I bought a new end table) and ran a few other errands before heading home for nap. Then Saturday afternoon we lazed around the house and later in the afternoon Wells and I headed out to Homegoods for new plates, coffee mugs, bowls and bedding. It had been years since we updated those things and it felt nice to use some extra cash I had been hanging on to and buy some new things for the house.
Sunday morning we went to Mass (where Bennett tinkled on my leg...classic. And you might have seen on instagram, but I didn't have extra toddler clothes with me, so he rocked some 6 month pants for the better part of our morning).

That little accident led to some early baths and an impromptu photoshoot to replace some bathroom pictures of cute boys in the tub.


 Since Kev and the boys had Monday off, we had a welcome extra day of weekend. I wanted to go visit my grandparents (Oma and Opa) who live about 30 minutes south of us, so we loaded up early for breakfast at Chick-Fil-A (the only one close-ish with a playplace). Kev and I had a great parenting moment when we realized being at Chick-Fil-A was almost like a date since the boys were totally occupied and we drank our coffee while it was still hot. 
 Afterwards we visited with Oma and Opa for a few hours, which is so special considering that my boys really know their great grandparents. Soon as they get to Oma and Opa's, they play the organ, dump out the toy bucket, raid the candy box and 'go on an adventure' through the 'huge' upstairs- all things I did as a child. It makes me, and my boys' great-grandparents, extremely happy.

After our wonderful visit, we went a mile down the road to Chinn Center (another childhood favorite place for us) and took the boys to the indoor pool.


 Wells took a little nap before dipping into his first pool.


The places in-between this weekend were spent home improving:

Here is my new bedding, plus some old curtains (sign that you are a military wife? You have a bucket full of curtains from various houses and the ability to 'switch curtains out' when the mood calls for it) that are new to the bedroom. I actually don't think I ever showed you my furniture after I painted it while 37 weeks pregnant. It used to be white, now it is gray and I love it.
 We also finished Wells' letters for his room. Cullen helped me add some glitter and we hung them above his shelf of special things, which I will delve into when I share his whole nursery now that it is done.
We also made some kid-art into fine-art for the living room (and spray painted a mirror, and moved the Monterey paintings to the sides of the China hutch).
 And added a bulletin board to the boys' play space for school art.
Also, clearly, my boys don't need any more toys
 And that is what we did this weekend. 

How about you?

17 comments:

Jessie said...

Wow, busy! How fun to update the house. And I'm a little jealous of your Monday. That looks like a fun pool.

Sarah said...

what a great weekend! the cork board for the art is a great idea!

Meghan said...

Very busy and fun weekend! That indoor pool with water slides looks awesome! I love long weekends!

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

You get SO much done in a weekend!! Mine would read something like: made it to the grocery store, maybe changed out of pj's once, not sure where the rest of the time went.

Meg Taylor said...

Great weekend! I love the photo of the five of you at the pool! It looks like your boys really like the water!

Katiern827 said...

What a weekend! So fun:) Wells is really starting to look like the other boys.

Anonymous said...

I currently have 10 sets of curtains in my linen closet. Some haven't been used since 5 duty stations ago but I can't bring myself to get rid of them...what if I need them in the future!?!

April said...

We had a busy and fun weekend too! Love seeing what you all are up to because it's normal stuff that I would be doing too!

Shannon said...

You always seem to do so much during the weekends. I need to learn how to do so much!

Anonymous said...

You guys surely do keep busy!!!!!! Send me an email soon, I'd love to hear an update!

Anonymous said...

Your weekends are always so fun! Love your painted furniture and that bedspread.

Rachel Ross said...

Those bathtub pictures are too cute! Looks like you had a fun weekend! :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Sounds like it was a semi low key but enjoyable weekend!! Love you bedroom, simple and beautiful!!!

Traci@TheHallway said...

Looks like a fabulous weekend was had! Loving all the new DIY stuff you have done! The Master looks great! And loving the new bath pics... too stinking cute!! Hope you guys have a great week!

Lauren said...

love it all! I love the kids art turned fine art...I have big plans for some things like this! we'll see if I ever get them done!

Erin said...

Your new bedding is so cute !

Semper Ag said...

I LOVE the photo of the boys in the bathtub together!!!