Friday, April 23, 2010

A Few Things for Friday

First, thanks so much to my guest bloggers from DC and NYC! I know I said there would be a third post all the way from Canada, but its a foreign country and their calendar is different, so her post will be coming on Sunday. I hear it touches on fun spring hobbies, including punting small dogs, so you will want to be sure to check back for that.

In the meantime, a few pretty pretty pictures from this week:

A surprise rose bush popped up on the side of my house. This bush did not bloom last spring and this year it is plentiful!





Of course, I had to bring a fun in the house. Please note my beautiful crystal bud vase, its Kate Spade, 'Larabee Dot', how appropriate!



A fun flowering bush in the backyard:



Lastly, and let me preface this by saying gardening is SO not my thing- I kill ferns, seriously, ferns, can't keep them alive.. so when my husband suggested we plant a vegetable garden this spring, I was obviously a little hesitant. But, guess what?? I have broccoli! Go us! Here is the proof:



Here's to a happy and wonderful weekend. I hope you enjoyed this week of posts, and if you are new to Daffodil's, I hope you enjoyed it! Please feel free to 'follow' me and check back often, you know you need another bookmark to waste time at work anyways. And of course, thanks to my friends who pretend to care everyday- you guys rock. LK and Cate- again, thank you for your love and support and the personality you added to the blog this week. Loves!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Bet you didn't think I remembered your blog, but I do and I love it!

1. Um only in the perfect town of Winston-Salem would you get a beautiful "surprise" rose bush. That is just awesome.

2. I am completely envious of your vegetable garden. When Andy and I get a house with a yard that is the first thing I am doing!!!

3. Love you lots :)