Starting Tuesday, Bennett is back in preschool three days of week, meaning that Monday was our last day hanging out full time. Cullen and Bennett truly are the best of friends and pretty much do everything together, so with C in school all day for the past 2 weeks, I feel like in a way I really got to know Bennett even better.
What I have always loved about our Bubs is that he is so unique. He has always done things in his own time and only if he is really motivated to. He is strong, serious and independent, and also a phenomenal athlete. But in the last two weeks, I have loved hanging out with Bennett's gentle side. Yep, his sweet, nurturing one.
As you know, he loves my scary childhood babydoll and has since toddlerhood. "Baby" is still a staple for him, but his new favorite game is playing house and lately, I have been invited to join along. (Wells still takes a morning nap for an hour and a half- so this is real one-on-one time for us)
Monday morning, we got Baby ready for the day.
And put him/her (still not totally sure) down for nap.
And then had a little Monster Truck play time while Baby slept.
Then it was snack time (he keep a thing of peanuts in his fridge...apparently today we were having them fried).
Baby couldn't have ones hot off the stove (obviously), so he/she got raw peanuts.
And after watching a show (looking at the artwork on the wall), it was time for Baby's ba-ba.
And we then a picnic in his back yard (our den) for lunch with Wells too and wrapped up our morning of 'house'.
I have loved these days with my boy but I know he is SO excited for his school days too.
![]() |
| How disappointed is he going to be that I monitor his fashion choices on school days? |
*****
And just in case those pictures didn't melt your heart enough, over the weekend, Kev called us on facetime and B took the phone from me and told his Daddy that he 'needed to watch this show because it is so funny' and then proceeded to hold the phone like this for 7 minutes. I kept trying to take the phone back and he gripped it tight and said 'No, me and Daddy are watching TV'.
*****
I hope you have a wonderful first day of school Bennett-B. I look forward to our Monday and Friday mornings together, and hearing about what you are learning and the friends you are making at school.
You are such a joy to be around and we love you so much!








16 comments:
Those pictures are the best!!! :-)
Seriously belly laughing at the scary baby doll!!
That is just the sweetest. And I LOLed at him watching tv with Daddy. So sweet :)
Oh my gosh that is too funny with that doll! He seems like such a special and great kid. Hope he has a great first day at preschool!
Those pictures are just too precious. You'll have to show them to Bennett when he's older, especially when he's about to become a father of his own (which, of course, will be a long, long, long time from now.) So glad you had some special alone time with him :)
Those are the sweetest pictures. The last one is the perfect mix of cute and heartbreaking. Happy first day, B!
Oh my goodness, melt my heart. What a sweet, sweet boy. Love how he takes care of "baby." And goodness gracious, that thing really is scary. haha jk. :) Happy Tuesday!
How cute! Shelby loves playing house too. I have an LSU bottle she plays with :)
What a sweet boy you have! That last picture though made me tear up.
Awww, I love my sweet little Bennett! I hope he had a wonderful first day back at school!
Oh my goodness, what precious little boy he is! He's going to make an amazing daddy and husband some day :)
I hope he had a great first day!
damn you - I teared up at "me and daddy are watching tv"
Oh my gosh that last picture/story is just the sweetest. Aww, heart-clencher for sure.
I hope Bennett had a fabulous first day of school!!!! Looking forward to reading all about it!!!
That last picture of him and daddy watching TV is totally priceless!!!
Oh, I love this. Bennett has so much personality! :) My little boy is only 9 months, but already he loves his big sister's baby dolls. My mother-in-law bought him his own little dolly to chew the face of. haha :) Can't wait to see him playing house and being a good caregiver like B someday.
Post a Comment