Monday, September 29, 2014

The (Other) Wedding Post

Just a week after my brother's amazing wedding, my dancing shoes were back on this weekend to celebrate our dear friends Alysa and Anthony. This wedding was such a special one because not only are they some of my best friends, but because they first starting dating our freshman year of high school. Alysa with the first person I ever knew to fall in love, and being there this weekend to watch them say 'I Do' was indeed a cherished moment.
The other great thing about it was that I was kid-free for two nights (thanks Nana and Pop!!!) and it was a big high school reunion for all of us.
 My date Laura and I obnoxiously  obviously decided we should wear matching dresses (from Rent the Runway).
Could Lys look any prettier?
 After a beautiful Mass and ceremony, we were off to the picture perfect reception.
And from that point on, there was a lot of drinking, eating and dancing, while catching up and reconnecting with old friends, and having a blast with the friends who have been an essential part of my life for the last 15 years. 
Michelle came all the way home from Africa for this event! So good to see you Meesh!
 Dancing the night away with some of my absolute favorite people in the world.
Unlike Joey and Caitlin's wedding, I did not accidently send my phone home early with the babysitter... so I was actually able to get so many fun dance floor pics.
I missed Kev like crazy, but was so appreciative of everyone who said they were thinking about and praying for him. By the time our next wedding rolls around, he will be back. What a great feeling!

 Love this pic I snapped of the Alysa's and Ant's Moms- everyone was having so much fun!


Lys and Ant, we are so happy for you.
 Thank you for being such wonderful friends to Kev and me, and role models of true love for our boys. 
Enjoy every second of your well deserved honeymoon!

Yatchzee!

12 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful wedding and you look wonderful! :)

Karen said...

Looks like you had a blast!! Love that dress, and I love that both you and your friend wore it :)

Lauren said...

what a fun celebration! and so glad you were able to enjoy yourself! That dress looks fabulous on you!

Sarah said...

what a fun wedding. So funny that you and your friend dressed the same. So happy that by the time your next wedding roles around you'll have Kev back!

Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos said...

You and your friend look beautiful in your sparkly dresses! :) Glad you were able to get away for a little bit and have some fun! See you soon! :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that wedding looks like it was soooo gorgeous! And the bride was stunning. But seriously, those gold dresses? STEALING THE SHOW! Lookin' super hot, lady ;)

Dee Stephens said...

You look awesome! Was it really an accident ya'll wore the same dress or was it planned? LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous venue/wedding! You look fabulous - I LOVE THAT DRESS :) and looks like you had an absolutely wonderful time!

Amanda said...

So fun! Cell phone pictures for the win. You look great, as usual! Love that you two dressed the same!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Weddings are so much fun!!! You look stunning!!!!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

What rent the runway and love that dress on you!

Janna Renee said...

Hot DAMN those are fancy dresses! Bet your hubby wishes he were home to see you in it ;)