Since I skipped pics from the weekend earlier this week, a little recap is due today. But first, the story of Bennett's first day of school yesterday:
{Pull into parking space}
Bennett: Why you park-in?
Me: So we can bring you into school.
Bennett: Don't need to, just drop me off.
Me: No, I actually have to, there is no drop off today. And I want to give you a hug.
Bennett: I don't need a hug. I'm three.
And off he marched 4 steps ahead of me and into his classroom without turning his head back around once.
His first day in his own words:
We went on the playgroud.
I played cars.
I didn't learn anyone names.
There's sand in my shoes.
I asked my teacher for marshmallows for snack, but she says we having apples.
Never change Bubs. We love you and are so happy about your confidence!
*****
So last weekend. As I've mentioned a billion times, the weekends are weird, especially since the unit Kev is with isn't located here, there is really no one else in our position to hang out with while everyone else is enjoying their own weekends with their families.
On Saturday morning, the boys were driving me a little nutty, but it was also too hot and humid to go outside and do anything enjoyable. We needed to get out of the house and as we started driving up the Parkway, I spotted the Capital Wheel across the water in National Harbor and decided that is where we were headed.
It was a little pricey at $38 for the 3 of us (no charge for Wells) but it was neat to do once. And by the time we parked, got tickets, waited to get on, went around 5 times, walked around a bit more and headed home, the two hours I needed to take up before lunch and nap were gone.
The boys thought it was pretty neat. And if you are claustrophobic, it is nice because there is A/C and music playing in each little cab, so it distracts you from the fact that you are in a tiny box at the top of a huge wheel above the water.
Wells was a little confused/mad that I wouldn't let him crawl around and bang on the doors.
All in all a pretty neat experience that I am glad we took advantage of.
The rest of Saturday was spent playing and watching football.
Then on Sunday, we met my inlaws down at their church and then went back to their house for lunch. I was able to leave the boys there for a few hours while I ran up to my friend Alysa's bridalshower. It was a beautiful party and I can't wait for her and Ant's wedding in just a few weeks!
We stayed at Nana and Pop's through dinner (and Nana sent us home with dinner for last night too- the best) and the boys made sure they had Pop do every activity in the world.
And I think Pop wore them out a little bit too...
Hope you are having a great week!


13 comments:
Love that blue dress!! Would be perfect for a November wedding I have.
Where did you get it?
also, not sure if I would like the wheel or not. Heights 'sometimes' freak me out.
Part of me has to laugh at B on his first day... I would have 100% been in tears. Such a little dude he is! All in all looks like a great little weekend!
Love his confidence! So cute.
That blue dress is rockin! Hot mama!
And I think you are pretty amazing for going on that capital wheel. Those things freak me out.
That is too funny about the first day of school! I haven't been to National Harbor since they opened the wheel. I definitely want to ride it sometime.
Love B's school recap!
And you look amaaaaazing in that dress.
oh from the mouth's of babes...love B's school summary!
And you look fabulous in your blue dress!
The school summary is awesome! :)
Some kids are just totally ready for school huh? I too love your dress! I'm always impressed how put together you look with three boys (especially now that you are doing it alone)!!
Love his school story! You are brave for taking them on that ride!!!! Holy moly :)
Love that blue dress, like Dee said, where did you get it? The ferris wheel is awesome, and A/C yes please! I totally feel ya on time wasters...mine is going in the pool after nap and before dinner.
little B is to cute, I hope he continues to enjoy school and blossoms even more. Im looking forward to more stories about his day's to come!!!!
Love the first day of school story!
I am lovin' that blue high/low dress!!!!!
Post a Comment