Friday, May 3, 2013

We Love Visitors

On Wednesday afternoon, my younger brother, Uncle Bummy and his girlfriend, Kathleen flew in from DC for a few days. You might remember that his real name is Andy, but when C was a toddler, he heard another brother of mine call Andy a 'bum', repeated it and now has no idea that he has a real name. 

My boys love their uncles so much ( C tells me all the time that he can't wait to see them in 'Ba-ginia all the time) and had been anxiously awaiting Bummy and Kathleen's trip for months. On Wednesday, we took it pretty easy in the afternoon, went to C's tball practice and then down to Carmel to catch the sunset.






 Meanest thing we can do to Bennett: take him away from the ocean.

 On Thursday, we had the warmest day we have ever experienced in our two years in Monterey. It was so nice. The boys were sure Uncle Bummy would really like going to the Dennis Park (a playground too big for me to take them by myself) so we spent some time there in the morning.





 Then we went for a walk to see the seals and out to lunch. It was back home for naps, and my Bummy and Kathleen were awesome and stayed home while I sneaked out for a massage (glorious). After naps, we were off to the beach for the rest of the afternoon, couldn't spend a warm day like that indoors!

 Sadly, I was too busy soaking up the sun to take more pictures, but it was a perfect afternoon. 

Today, the men are off fishing and Kathleen and I are going to run around town a bit, then tomorrow head down to Pfieffer Beach in Big Sur before they leave tomorrow night. We are so grateful they were able to make the trip before we move! 

Have a great weekend!




22 comments:

Stephanie said...

Looks perfect! I think it's so sweet that your boys love your brother so much and he obviously has the same love right back. Enjoy having them out for a visit!

Meghan said...

It looks like they had so much fun... What a fun uncle to have! I love that you captured the boys running to them at the airport!

Unknown said...

Those slide pictures are hilarious, lol!!! Thanks for the laugh :)

Jen said...

So fun, it looks like a great visit. :)

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Loving the couple in the surf shot. Have fun

Molly said...

Loving the Uncle Bummy, how cute is that?? The slide pictures are seriously cute! You have some adorable boys :)

lauren jean allece said...

Scrolling down through the pictures: B on the slide... C on the slide... ohmygodBummyontheslidewasnotexpectingthattotallylaugh/chokedonmycoffee.

You have the best family ever!

AiringMyLaundry said...

Love the pictures! Yay for a fun visit.

Jessie said...

What a totally awesome park! You've been having some fun lately with lots of visitors. :)

Katiern827 said...

Oh my goodness the slide pictures!!! LOVE them:)

Anonymous said...

Love that airport picture. So sweet!

Kristin said...

Haha I love the sliding pictures :) Have an awesome time with your bro!!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Love the pictures of him at the ocean. The lighting is absolutely beautiful.

Unknown said...

Such beautiful memories you create!! Love the playground shots...particularly of Uncle Bummy...how did he get that name, anyway?
Love to all!!!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Doesn't this weather make you just want to live at the beach? Wish it would stay this way! Glad the boys are having fun with Uncle Bummy!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Time always fly's when you have family or friends visiting but I know yall are having a blast and soaking up every minute of it you can!!!! Enjoy tomorrow!!!!

Lauren said...

you take such beautiful pictures! what a fun tiem with family!

Annette said...

What beautiful pictures. I hope you enjoyed your final day with your brother. It looks like you all had a wonderful visit.

Shauna said...

I love the picture of your son crying, just classic. Big Sur is my favorite place to camp. My dad use to take me there in the summers. I love it there so much.

I too love having visitors. It's so great to have people we love to distract us, from time to time, away from the more ordinary things we do day after day. Take care,

Shauna

Shannon said...

These had to be one of my favorite pictures series from you yet!

I can tell EVERYONE is having a blast. :)

Janna Renee said...

All of their faces on the slide are PRICELESS!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm glad you had fun with your family! Awesome pictures, as usual!