There is a little chunk of a baby turning 4 months old on Saturday, and aside from pointing out his cheeks and chins, I feel like he doesn't get a lot of spotlight around here, so I thought we would give him his very own post today.
Where to begin...
Wells is such a joy. He is the perfect addition to our family. Sometimes we look around and wonder how in the world we ended up with 3 kids, but most times, we can't even remember our life without them.
Wells has big, piercing blue eyes and the sweetest of all smiles. He also just started the real belly laugh and you must watch this video. I promise it will be the highlight of your day.
He is still all cheeks and chins and o how I love them all (they are still worth the mention).
He is sort of on a schedule.
He wakes up around 7am, nurses, is up for an hour, takes an hour long nap then is out and about with me during the morning, nursing again and taking a cat nap in there somewhere. Then he has a bottle of formula around 1pm and goes down for his afternoon nap at the same time as his big brothers. He's up around 3, nurses around 4, hangs out until 630 and then either has a bottle of formula or nurses again between 6:30-7 and is down for the night. He is up once on a good night around 3am for a quick nurse and back to bed. On a bad night, he is up at 10, 1, 3 and 5. We pray for not a lot of nights like that. I am grateful that he is able to take a bottle and doesn't flinch between breast milk and formula.
I choose to supplement because our life is crazy-town and I often forget to feed myself in the right way to produce enough milk and I like the idea of a controlled amount from the formula to supplement what I might miss during my meals on the go.
Plus, sometimes, it is just nice to have a break.
It works well for us.
He loves his jumpy seat thingy and is trying so hard to figure out how to make his hands do what he wants them to. He also loves laying on his changing table, looking around in the boys' rooms and any time Cullen and Bennett talk to him.
Postpartum wise, I am back in all my pants and to my normal weight, but still pretty squishy. But let's be honest, I've had 3 kids in 5 years, so squishy-ness is kind of part of the game unless I really put some effort into it. And well, I'm not putting any effort in it right now.
Maybe in the Spring?
...Maybe I'll just embrace the tankini.
Overall, we are just loving all of Wells.
I told my mom the other day, I feel like for the first time, I am able to really able to relish in his baby-ness. With Cullen, I was paranoid about everything, all the time. Then with Bennett, I just wanted him to get bigger and easier so it would be easier for me. Now, I am not paranoid about much of anything and C and B have each other to hang out with, so I just get to enjoy every little bit of my baby. Even though I know all the little milestones that are coming, I still am amazed by how these little people grow and figure out all the wonders of our beautiful world.
Happy 4 Months of life my darling boy!





26 comments:
I can't wait to get my hands on him! I just want to squish him! And that laugh is just precious!
He is such a precious boy. :)
He's so cute and those cheeks and chin are adorable! Sounds like life is pretty great!
So adorable!
That video WAS the highlight of my day! Oh my goodness- just to laugh and have him belly laugh like back at you is hilarious. I am still infatuated with his cheeks and chin, and I could probably stare into his blue eyes until it completely weirded him out.
Love the video! There isn't a much better sound than a baby's laugh :-) Thanks for sharing!
Love the belly laugh! Maddie gets a full blown belly laugh when she and Hannah are in the bath tub splashing each other -- pure sound of joy! We love looking at new pictures of you, Kev, and the boys -- miss you guys!
He is such a cute baby. Those big blue eyes! So nice to have a happy baby especially when you have two more that I'm sure keep you busy!
So sweet! I'm glad you're getting to enjoy him :)
Love his baby blues too! Haley's are not as bright as his yet but I know her's are going to be blue like her brothers'. Haley is still getting up in the night to eat too. He looks like a very happy baby!
I can't believe he's 4months already!!
I played the video (with norman near my lap) and it woke him up and gave me the biggest stink eye. lol
He is just too cute!!
Awe, you make me want to meet him! And your squishy confession makes me feel a lot better too. It's all part of the mama game. :)
Awwww baby Wells... I want to EAT you!! Thanks for continuing on with giving me baby fever! ;)
Aw, happy four months to Wells! That video is too cute!
Happy 4 months! What a sweetheart!
He is indeed a most scrumptious little thing!
Baby laughs and big blue eyes just melt my heart. He is too precious!
Such a stud!! Where did the last four months go? Love his pretty blue eyes. Love what you said at the end. I have felt that way with my two. First, you just want to do everything right. Second, you feel like they need to grow faster than they are. At least thats what it has been like for me.
He's ADORABLE!
And I"m way jealous that you are back in your normal pants. I have quite a bit to lose still!
His eyes are gorgeous!
Happy 4 months to your adorable little man!
I CANNOT believe he is 4 months old! Seriously? Where does the time go?
Happy four months to Wells! He just has the cutest little laugh. I say if you have a choice between spending time with that little love or exercising, then embrace the Tankini. There will be plenty of time to exercise but not plenty of time to enjoy those little squeals of joy!
that belly laugh definitely brightened my day! love all the pics of that little guy!
Post a Comment