Friday, December 20, 2013

Things

A few notables:

-We have been trying to do a lot of the holiday highlights DC has to offer and while we didn't cross off everything on our list, here are a few we did do:

Zoolights at the National Zoo.
We actually did this a few weeks ago but I never blogged about it. Luckily, my mom did. Here is the post about that.

Christmas at National Harbor.
We headed over to the Gaylord National to see the light/music show last Sunday. Upon arrival, Bennett scarfed down a cookie, and then threw it up... All down Kev's back... We didn't see the light show.
At least they looked cute on the way there

Season's Greetings at the Botanical Gardens
Last Thursday, just Bennett, Wells and I went on a little adventure into the city to 'see the trains' at the Botanical Gardens.


We are hoping to go see Christmas at Mt. Vernon this afternoon, but we will see if that actually happens.


-Wells had his 4 month check up on Wednesday morning. He weighs 17lbs 11oz and is 27 inches long.
Yay! I am giant!

-I updated my blog list over there ---> to all of your lovely people who I read often and who comment over here often even when I am behind on reading. So if you are looking for some new blogs, check out anyone on that list. Chances are they are funny and/or good photographer and/or have cute kids. If I left you out and you want to be over there, please let me know! I know there are some that I overlooked.

-Another blog business thing: do you follow your blogs through facebook? I have been toying with the idea of doing a 'fan' page to keep you updated on when a new post goes up. I am just curious how many of you would find that helpful?

-Friday morning I have the boys' Christmas Pageant, Kev's graduation from his Major course and my grandma's retirement mass from the Elementary school I went to as a kid. They all start at 9. If anyone know how to split themselves in thirds, please pass along the info! (For the record, I am going to the boys' pageant, my father-in-law and almost brother in law are going to Kev's graduation and my mom, brothers and several aunts and uncles will be there for Grandma, but o how I wish I could be at all 3!)

-Speaking of my future brother in law, my sister in law is getting married next Saturday and I got to go to her final bridal fitting last night. She seriously looks like she walked out of a magazine. I can't wait!

-You read that right up there: she is getting married next Saturday. So we are looking at Christmas Eve visiting my Oma and Opa and going to Mass with Kev's parents. Christmas morning at our house. My family and Grandparents over for Christmas Day, Christmas at Kev's parents on the 26th, Rehearsal Dinner on the 27th, wedding on the 28th. Whew. 

With all that said, I won't be blogging next week and will just be enjoying this special time with my family. 

I hope you all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas!

(There will likely be an instagram here and there, so feel free to follow along @katedaffodils)

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Add my blog :-) Please :-)

Semper Ag said...

I have a blog Facebook page. I hardly get on it. I love bloglovin'

April said...

How sweet of you to add my blog! I don't blame you for taking a blog break. I was wore out just reading all that you all are going to be doing. But it will be lots of fun memories!

Meghan said...

Noah was and is a "giant" like Wells! I just checked and when Noah was 4 months he was 17 lbs 6 oz and 26 inches long... they are like twins!

I'd love to be added to your blog list ;)

Shannon said...

OK - where do you get these ridiculously adorable sweaters for your boys??

I want. No, I need to know.

Meg Taylor said...

Wow you have a busy week coming up! Enjoy Christmas with your family! Can I just tell you how much I love that your mom blogs too?!

Laura S. said...

Good luck navigating through the holidays and wedding festivities! Such wonderful memories you're making. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!!

Heather said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! We are hoping to check out Christmas at Mt. Vernon, too.

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

That is a busy week!! Hope you enjoy every minute!

Unknown said...

Your children have the BEST sweaters :) I have so many friends who have all boys and they always complain that they wish they had a little girl to dress. I totally understand this because I adore dressing my girls and it is easier to find cute girl stuff, but you have the best dressed little boys ever! I adore all of their sweet outfits :)
And YES Wells is a giant, lol! I thought my boy was big, but Wells is a full pound and one inch bigger than Walker was at 4 months. Your arms are probably looking pretty good, lol!
Merry Christmas and enjoy all the upcoming fun with your family :)

Traci@TheHallway said...

Looks like you guys will be very busy! Enjoy every minute of Wells' first Christmas! The boys are getting so big, I can't handle it! We miss you all dearly and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! xoxo!

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Wells reminds me so much of our Laurie in size, and he's still a chunky monkey. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, so pleased to have met you and your boys this year

Rachel Ross said...

Wow you guys are going to be SO busy!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas! :)

Lauren said...

Busy, busy, busy--our schedule is pretty crazy too!

And thanks for adding me--I know we'd have playdates if I didn't live in MO!

Katiern827 said...

Merry Christmas to you!!!

Nicole said...

What neat things to do in DC. The Zoolights look really impressive! Have fun next week. Can't wait to see the pics :)

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Wow! You've got a busy week ahead! Hope you guys have a very Merry Christmas! We miss y'all!

Megan said...

Aww thanks for including me on your list of reads! I'm honored. :) And Wells is going to be quite the heartbreaker. So handsome already!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a lot of family fun gearing up for the holidays!! Love your "giant" boy! Hope you all have a wonderful christmas!

Sarah said...

We went to the botanical gardens a few days after Christmas one year and it was gorgeous. I can't wait to go back.

What I'm not looking forward to with as much enthusiasm is random throwing up happening once the baby is born. ;)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

And here I though my life had been so busy here lately. You are one busy lady!!! I to wish you could split yourself in to three so you could go to all three events. Enjoy your holiday week with your family, my sweet friend!!!

Annette said...

Merry Christmas!!! You sound unbelievably busy, but it sounds like you're going to have lots of fun memories to share. Another wedding? I'm so jealous. At our age (38 and 43), my husband and I don't get invited to very many anymore... I almost took my son to the train show at the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens... What a blast! Enjoy :)

Jamie said...

We did Zoo Lights last year. I sort if wish we would have done it this year too. Oh well, maybe next year!