You know how most of the time on Mondays I post about all the amazing adventures we went on all weekend long? Well, I have none to report today. Not even so much as a single picture from my real camera. We seriously had the laziest of days this weekend.
Even Bubs was bored with our lack of enthusiasm.
![]() |
| Can we please talk about how much I love this picture? |
Saturday we took Cullen for a haircut, hit up Bed, Bath &Beyond for shower curtain liners and a new cutting board (excitement!), Kev played soccer, the boys and I took naps, and we went to Saturday evening Mass (to which Cullen made sure that 'just cuz we are going to night church again doesn't mean they's going to have that dirt for our heads again, right?')
Sunday morning we woke up to a beautiful day and bright blue ocean.
I'll be missing this view when we move.
Our plan of doing nothing continued, except for jumping on the neighbor's trampoline, not getting dressed until 11 and letting Bennett discover Thin Mints.
We watched a little racing, I took another nap (pregnancy people, pregnancy) and afterwards we took the boys to a park in Pacific Grove where 'hit brother in face with tether ball and both collapse laughing' became the game of the afternoon.
The most exciting thing that happened all weekend was Cullen's snow peas sprouted. He shows us every five minutes that they are growing more and had me take a picture so I can show his teacher tomorrow because apparently he told her all about his seeds and invited her to our house to see them.
![]() |
| A few of you asked: we got the greenhouse and seeds at Home Depot |
And that my friends, was it.
But with only 12 weekends left in Monterey and all but two of them with plans, it was just what we needed.
Hope your weekend was a relaxing one too.





23 comments:
What a gorgeous view to wake up to. :)
We watched the race too. Trenton was only interested in the wrecks. He was really upset when the 5 car wrecked because he was sure that it was Speed Racer. (He watches old school Speed Racer at my parents house.) Charlotte on the otherhand, kept telling me, "There a girl racing, so I can be a racer too!". She was super excited!
Oh my gosh that first picture is so cute. I love his little crossed feet. That view is amazing
Sometimes it's nice to just chill at home! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Sounds like a lovely weekend to me& I hope you get lots of naps :) Pregnancy was incredibly exhausting for me too!!
hannah
Sometimes those are the best weekends!!! :)
haha...love that first pic! That's how I feel every morning ;-)
Sometimes lazy weekends are the best weekends. Especially when thin mints are involved!
Our weekends have been so busy lately that sometimes it's nice to just do absolutely nothing.
So cute how excited Cullen is about his snow peas :)
Love those lazy weekends, full of just the family and being together. And what a view!
Busy weekends are great, but low-key weekends are sometimes just as great! Glad you were able to have some quality relaxing family time!
that first picture! Oh my cuteness! haha
Most of our weekends have been relaxing ones. They definitely are nice especially the pregnancy naps!
Really though... Why do boys think smacking each other upside the head is so hysterical? More power to 'em I guess. Preparing Bubs for that linebacker career.
Some times those are the best kind of weekends!! :)
I love no plan weekends! Love his little sprouts too.
Let me be the billionth person to say that lazy weekends are the best kind! I could barely stay conscious when I was pregnant so it sounds like you accomplished a lot. Hope you had some thin mints too.
Lazy weekends are the best thing sometimes! That's so cute about Cullen being excited about his snow peas sprouting and wanting to show his teacher.
Naps and I get along really well these days. Stephen started his veggies this weekend- he might be as excited as Cullen about seeing them grow ;)
I'm glad you have "nothing weekends" occasionally! I think we all need them and you definitely need your naps momma!
I definitely want to do this pea thing with my two littlest girls. Going to buy some this afternoon! I love watching them pop. :)
Love their idea of playing tetherball. LOL
i absolutely love bennett's position, look at him totally relaxing and posing without intentionally posing and only 12 weeks left in Monterey? wow that went fast!
That top pick of B. is amazing. He looks posed, but he's just kicked back!
Post a Comment