Sunday, February 17, 2013

We're Expanding

Baby #3 will be joining us in August!

Thank you for all the congrats based off my little clue at the end of Friday's post. We are so excited to grow our little family again. I am 15 weeks along now and starting (sort of) to feel like a normal person. The past few months I have been chasing the boys, sleeping, or throwing up, so I am hoping the entrance into the second trimester brings some energy back. But I am so grateful for the healthy, wonderful babies that we are able to create and can't wait to meet this one in a few months. 

For the record, I am positive that it is another boy and Kev is thinks it is a girl. 

Cullen thinks it is a boy and would like to name him Thomas the Tank Engine. 

And on to our weekend...

Friday morning, Kev was able to take some time off and while Cullen was at school, just the two of us brought Bennett to the Aquarium. It is such a rare occasion that B gets both of us on his own, so it was a really special adventure.


 
 Saturday morning, we decided to take the short road trip up to Santa Cruz. First stop was the the UC-Santa Cruz Arboretum. It was a fairly large garden, and we were a little disappointed in the vegetation but the boys were happy with the map, dirt and bugs.







 Afterwards, it was down to the beach for Boardwalk corn dogs, chasing sea gulls, sand snowmen and soaking up the sun.
 


 
 And then some passed out boys before we hit the highway.

We had a birthday party Saturday night, church and a trip to Five Guys on Sunday, and I spent a little time editing pictures of Jenny and her beautiful family that I took Friday afternoon.
Hope your weekend was wonderful, and thank you again for your well wishes and prayers for our new baby!

35 comments:

Joeylee said...

Yay! Congrats on baby #3. Will you find out what your having? I'm so excited for you guys

lauren jean allece said...

So I'm thinking that boy or girl, I'm just going to call #3 Thomas. Because that won't give the kid a complex or anything should it turn out to be a girl, right?

(I'm kidding... Kind of) (also, Thomas is Jared's middle name, and his dad's first name, so I'm totally in favor of it!)

And the picture of B with the corndog is my new favorite.

Nicole said...

Congratulations! Your weekend looked fabulous. The weather looked beautiful.

Ericka B. Jackson said...

When I was little, I wanted to name my baby brother (#3 in our family) "Star Eyes." I thought it would be a good Indian name (apparently, I was really into Indians at the time). So... Thomas is not so bad! Haha!

Kristin said...

A boy would equal you being majorly outnumbered. At least you'll be back east when the little one makes his/her arrival!

Shelly said...

What amazing weather for a February beach trip. All the photos are beautiful. And again congrats on the new addition.

Sue ~ Granny's World said...

Congratulations Kate, wonderful news, though I have known for a little while (-: I'm thinking girl this time, but whatever it is, as long as it healthy that all that matters. Glad you are feeling more human now

Laura said...

Congratulations! Fabulous news :)

jeands said...

yay! congratulations on baby #3! all the best of luck on your pregnancy.

Susan said...

Congratulations Kate!! How exciting for you and your family! I bet the boys are thrilled!

eas said...

Love santa cruz! It looks so warm there for February. Yay again for another baby!

Shawna said...

Raya would not approve of the name Thomas the engine---she cries when that show comes on because she hates it so much! LOL

I'll send some girl vibes your way hehe :-)

Shannon said...

I'm so excited for you. I think it's a girl. Yup. I do.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! I recently started following your blog (found it via pinterest from your "Week of Photography" series...hope you have more pointers coming!).
I am currently expecting #3 in April (our first boy!) and Bennett is one of our top baby names for this little guy, so I was drawn to your blog immediately! Are you going to find out what you are having? I'm curious to what potential names you have picked out, as we seem to have similar taste in names :)

anna lizbeth said...

congrats!!! what a blessing :)

Meg said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wishing you all the best this pregnancy! And what a wonderful weekend with your family! It's so nice that Bennett got a bit of fun alone time with both of you.

Jen said...

Congrats! :) So happy for you!

marie said...

Congratulations!!!! Not sure how I missed that in your last post. I adore kids drawings, they're just so sweet, how cute the way he drew you.

I have been to that boardwalk many, many times. My brother and brother in law both live right near Santa Cruz.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Jen @Marine Wife, Mommy and Life said...

Congrats hunny!!!! Looks like you had a great weekend!!! Thomas the Tank Engine.... Buahahaha!! LOVE IT!!! My oldest son's middle name is Thomas :)

Sarah said...

Congrats! How exciting!

Unknown said...

Yay congratulations !! So very happy for y'all :) Cheers to having another beautiful baby joins y'alls clan!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Ahhh congratulations! Such exciting news! Can't wait to see this little one!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Ahhh congratulations! Such exciting news! Can't wait to see this little one!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, again! So excited for you all!


Love the pictures, really makes me miss the warm weather and beach!

Erin said...

Such wonderful news!!!! Congrats!

Stephanie said...

How exciting for you guys!!! Congrats!!!!! Glad you are starting to feel better!

Ashley Brickner said...

Looking forward to following along as you expand your family! How exciting! How old are yours? We are always debating how close we want our kids to be?!!

My Traveling Troop said...

Hooray! Congrats and high fives on your pregnancy! What beautiful news! Monterey is such a wonderful place to raise & expand the family. Your pictures make me miss it so much!

Congrats again!
Kristina

Hannah/ Mommarazzi said...

New follower!! YOu have a beautiful beautiful family & congrats on adding another to the bunch!! btw this totally looks like a day out of my dreams, beach, trails, corn dogs, naps!!

Hannah

Cynthia said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! How exciting ;) My heart jumped for you when I read your post title. Hope you are feeling well. Many prayers your way as this fun little journey begins.

Erin said...

Congrats on baby #3!! I'm not even to the point of being able to even THINK about being pregnant again (it's not very likely that I ever will be pregnant again anyway... but I can't even fathom it yet!!) - I hope you're feeling better and are past the icky stage!!

Kristin said...

Oh my gosh congratulations!!!!!! So excited for you!!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Congratulations!!! I just found your blog through another that I follow, and I'm excited to follow along!
We are expecting our 4th baby in early September!

Megan {Red Door Farmhouse} said...

Oh I have been out of blog world since my baby and I totally missed your announcement! Congratulations! I bet your boys are excited! Feel ya on the sickness:(

Kerry said...

Hi Kate!! Oh I have a little break away from my blog and I come back to read that you are pregnant!! Wow, I am so very happy and excited for you - such wonderful news!! I am looking forward to following you on your journey :) Great pics of your weekend, between you and I, I love corndogs!! We always get one when we visit the USA :) I will be back to read more of your posts, I am so very behind. I just wanted to pop in to say congratulations!!! xo