Thursday, February 14, 2013

Things I Never Expected to Say, Part 7

Happy Friday!
It's time for your favorite post. 
A perfect start to the weekend, right?

As in the past, anything written in green was said by our dear ol' Cullen and everything else is mine.

Without further ado... the crazy things said in our house, part 7.
*****
Mommy, you should probably brush your hair. It looks kinda funky.

Just tackling, no kicking!

It's 6:30am, we are not making brownies.

Go smell Bubs and see if he has stinky poops.

We are playing a game called 'hits brother in face'. It's not a bad game, cuz Bennett thinks its so, so funny.


So Mommy, today, I was at school and I was in the potty and I remembered to hold my pee-pee down but I was also talking to my friend and I tinckled all over my jeans but I didn't tell my teachers cuz I figured it would dry off when I run really fast on the playground.


How many days in a row are these leggings okay as pants?

Most pointless thing I say all day: please don't make a mess.

{harsh whisper in my face at 1:30am} Is Bubs in your bed? Cuz I think the middle is the coziest.

Basement. We need a basement. 

Mommy! Quick! Bennett is squirting toothpaste everywhere and it's the blue kind!

No way. No lawnmowers in the bathtub, that's an outside toy.

Sometimes I let Bennett eat lunch like this:
I've also realized from this post that B wears this shirt anytime he is doing something crazy. 
Hey Mommy, you know what's a big word that I know? Chardonnay.

At least they put padding down so its safe (?) and I told them they can't dive head first. Good parenting, good parenting.
PS I swear those are not my regular sheets on the bed, our good ones were in the wash!
No popcorn for breakfast. What's your second choice?

Just drink the medicine really fast and use your water as a chaser.
Kev: Did you just tell our son to use a chaser?

(Throughout the entire Ash Wednesday Mass} I DO NOT want dirt on my head.

Me: You have to get dressed, you can't be in just undies all day.
Cullen: Just at Christmas time?
Me: Why can you be in just underwear at Christmas time?
Cullen: Well... cuz everything at Christmas is like a special treat.

Mommy, I was just thinking about a great idea...but then I lost it.

Don't throw soccer balls at Mommy while she is driving, that is dangerous!

I counted $1.08 from my piggy bank. Is that enough to buy me and Bennett some bunk beds this weekend?

Wait. I just realized that when the baby gets here, we will be outnumbered.



33 comments:

Jen said...

Hahaha! The Christmas one had me cracking up! :)

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

Gotta love Cullen's big word! And his story about getting his pants wet a preschool is hilarious! Oh my gosh, Cullen's family drawing needs to be framed!!!

Allison said...

Your post this morning MADE ME LAUGH! Thank you! I'm sitting here at my desk on FRIDAY morning. Ya'll are in your cozy beds over there in sunny, lovely, California, and my freezing, stressful European day is just beginning. You made me laugh out loud! LOVE Cullen's lunch. And congrats on the wee one! Tell Kevin to bring you over for a visit before baby 3 is born - like a pre-natal gift. He owes it to you since you're carrying a human being inside you for the third time. LOVE the chaser comment. Ha! MUST show this to my 17 year old... she is always saying things like that to me. If you're sayin' em now... just wait till your kids are teenagers! You won't believe the things that'll come out of your mouth!

WARM warm hugs to you!

Meghan said...

Congrats on number 3! When are you due?

AR said...

Yay announcement!!!! I laughed outloud at 6am reading these. Can't wait to have those boys on the east coast again.

Shelly said...

So many cute things in this post, but the last one is the best. I read it in the middle of the night while feeding the baby but had to come back to make sure I read it right. Congratulations! That is so exciting and three are so much fun.

Shawna said...

HAHAHA....those are all just too funny!

And congrats on baby #3!

SEL said...

This post is hilarious! Big word = Chardonnay? My favorite. ;)

We're expecting our second in July. Your post is making me super excited for my daughter to have a sibling! Honestly!

When are you due? And congrats!

Newest follower!

xo
Sarah
Growinglaughingandlovinginlife.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Aaaaah! Is this an announcement or did I miss something? CONGRATS!

Also, Hey Mommy, you know what's a big word that I know? Chardonnay.

That made me LOL at work. Good job.

marie said...

Holy cow you're kids are so funny. Yes it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. You're boys are going to die over all of these one day!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness! SO funny, I was cracking up.

And um.. I believe CONGRATULATIONS are in order!?!

Kari said...

3 is a perfect number! CONGRATS!
These are my favorite posts, thanks for your honesty and for having amazing kids. :)
xoxo

House of Parks said...

Baby?! Congrats!!! So happy for y'all!

Kristin said...

Congrats on #3!!
...and be sure to teach C that the "t" in "merlot" is silent :)

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness girl this post is hilarious. Now I have to go back and read 1-6! Your conversations sound like mine :) My kids play funny games like "slap your brother in the face' too. *sigh* Boys are so much fun, huh?

Ericka B. Jackson said...

HILARIOUS! And exciting too - how did I miss the announcement of another sweet baby?! CONGRATULATIONS friend!!!

Amanda said...

This is great! Kiddos crack me up! :)

Heather said...

Congratulations! So happy to hear you are expecting a new baby! And that comment about the Ash Wednesday mass just cracks me up.

Sarah said...

Chardonnay! He must hear that fairly often! ;)

Congratulations on the baby!!!!!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Seriously the segment of your posts are always my favorite. (not that your others aren't bc they are great) but these always get me laughing so hard.
CONGRATULATIONS on baby number 3 that's AWESOME!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! I bet the boys are so excited!!!

Stephanie said...

HAHAHAHA! This is so awesome. Seriously.

lauren jean allece said...

Have to squeal one more time about Baby... YEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

And oh my good lord, that jumping picture... The best. This new baby is going to have a lot to learn when it comes to keeping up with his/her brothers!

Laura Darling said...

Hahaha this made me laugh out loud! At least your life is never boring! :)

katie ridings said...

I loved jumping on the bed when I was little :)

Megan said...

So I know I'm probably really late to the game, but I'm just now catching up on my Google Reader and OMG YOU'RE EXPECTING?! That is so awesome. Congratulations! S/he is one lucky baby to be joining your family. :)

Katiern827 said...

First of all...CONGRATS!!! How cute is that announcement?!? Second...I'm crying over here I'm laughing so hard!!

Annette said...

What adorable sayings...I recognize a few...like "You can't have "X" for breakfast; what's your second choice?" or "Don't make a mess!" Too bad these words of wisdom go in one ear and out the other :)

Janna Renee said...

How did I not know you are preggers?? OMG Congrats! You will totally be outnumbered, but maybe if you have a girl she will be on your side ;) Please keep these posts going because I die reading them. "Did you just offer our son a chaser?" Bahahahaha

henning love said...

oh in the future i hope your boys learn to always say you look nice especially complimenting your hair, the first one was funny. hope you had a great weekend kate

eas said...

So happy for you !!! Baby #3 !! You must be giddy!!

Chardonnay as a big word is just fantastic.

Kace said...

I love these posts. My second fav was the chardonnay quote. LOL! My first fav is the last! Congrats to you all. You are such a good mother- it couldn't happen to a better one :)

Jenn said...

I love all of these. Especially since I can hear his sweet little voice saying all of them! Hope you're starting to feel better and oh yeah, never quit writing these posts. Ever.

Stephanie said...

Oh my word, CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you!