Friday, March 22, 2013

Totally Worth It

Before you read on about our surprise trip to Disney, go visit Miss Dixie to congratulate her on Baby Weeks and read my take on keeping Date Night alive, plus Life with Boys. 

***
 Thursday morning, we put the boys in the car bright and early on the premise that we were leaving a few days early for our San Diego vacation. Six hours, two stops (traveling preggo with little people and only stopping twice deserves high fives all around) and one big surprise later, we pulled into the very anti-climatic and giant Disneyland parking garage. 

However, once we explained to the boys where this parking garage led to, there was some serious excitement. 
We bought the military 3-day hopper pass and decided to spend our first day at California Adventure Park. 
Cullen was in awe. Adventure Park was home to all his favorite characters and movies: Monster's Inc., Toy Story, A Bug's Life and Cars. He just couldn't decide what to see first.
 We opted for Cars Land, which was pretty amazing. It really did look exactly like the movie. We didn't ride any of the rides there (there were only 3 and the lines were very long) but the scenery was enough for our boys.





 Then it was over to A Bug's Land which was the perfect size for C and B. We rode all the rides together as a family and (one slightly tired) Bennett was actually a little unsure at first how he felt participating.


 Cullen on the other hand...
 After the first few rides, B got the hang of it, even how to entertain himself in line.

We are having so much fun even though you two are cheap and are making us share this Popsicle instead of buying two!! 

 We stayed for just over four hours, catching the Pixar Friends Parade on the way out. Bennett absolutely loved it, it was so cute watching him wave and yell 'Hi!' to all his favorite Monsters.
 And then it was a slight drive to our lodging on Fort MacArthur (also totally worth it...our 'lodging' is a 4 bedroom house bigger than our quarters at home...for $75/night) and recording the day's adventures in their journals before winding down for bed.
 C wrote he 'likes Disney and Mater' and drew a picture of himself 'really, really happy faced'.
 Feeling very blessed and grateful for little once in a lifetime trip with my sweet family.

29 comments:

Katiern827 said...

Meyer would be so jealous! So glad you all had fun:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh the boys look like they had so much fun!!!!!! B looks like he's shocked most of the time where C is like this rocks! haha LOVE IT!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I can't wait to take our kids there, but being right smack dab in the middle of the country, we'll probably wait until they are both much older to make it worth our trip. Great pictures!

Shannon said...

Awesome! :) I bet you two were super parents that day!

Meg said...

What a fantastic surprise! Your boys are so lucky. It looks like they are having a wonderful time :)

Lobster Meets Peach said...

What a super fun surprise!!!

Dee Stephens said...

I heart Disney! the CA park is one of my favorites! Especially, the Napa section :)

pam {simple details} said...

Great post at Katie's today! I'm so behind, but had to pop over and tell you how excited I am for your new 'brother,'
sweetest video!! :)

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

This looks so fun! I am super impressed you only stopped twice on the way. I would have to do that with zero kids in tow and not pregnant!

Tami said...

How FUN!!! I've been researching Disney because we want to take Emerson there for her birthday. I'm going to look into base lodging. I never even thought about that. Are you guys in San Diego this weekend? We should try and meet up!

Sarah said...

What a great surprise! Love that they loved it so much and that you still have 2 days left!

Lauren said...

so cute! their expressions are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Definitely the best memories!

Unknown said...

Wow! What an amazing trip for you all, especially your little guys!

Joeylee said...

So much fun. We're suppose to take the girls in may. I can't believe how blonde Bennetts hair is

Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun, I love the excitement on the boys faces! I can't wait to take Leah to Disney one day!!!

Jen said...

Love it! My sister and I just got back from Disneyland yesterday! :)

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness, this is all kinds of exciting. We're hoping to take Avery to Disneyland next year, and I'm hoping that we can make it a surprise for her. What fun memories the boys will have!

Shauna said...

That first picture is just awesome. I love Disneyland so much. I went all the time growing up just thirty five minutes away. Happy Weekend,

Shauna xo

Amy Powell said...

oh what a fantastic surprise!! sounds like a great time. I love their happy faces :)

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh My, the joy on their faces is simply priceless!!!! I hope you all enjoy the weekend at Disney and cant wait to hear more about your trip. Don't you just love making their dreams come true!!!

Kristin said...

You guys are the best parents ever. Cullen can tell all of his soon-to-be new east coast buddies about the wonders of the west.

Shelly said...

That looks like such an awesome time!!! And your pictures are the best, but it must be pretty easy to get good ones because your kids are too cute.

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Such an awesome surprise for the boys! Cullen's faces were priceless!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

What a great time! Love the pictures!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

We made it into LA with only two stops too! Charlotte did have to pee a third time. But we were smack dab in the middle of stand still traffic. So she went in an empty In-N-Out Burger cup. Yep, that's how we roll!

I'll Love You Forever said...

So stinkin' adorable!! I die at their cuteness! Love Disneyland

Erica Jacquline said...

Your kids are so cute! I was just at disney on Tuesday and saw Cars land for the first time, it is quite amazing.

Whatever is Lovely

Jen Mc said...

Adorable pictures! I'm glad your trip was a hit.