Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Lemon Cookies

Thanks for the love yesterday friends. I didn't mean to come off too sour; it is true that the transition out here has been tougher than we thought, but I what I really wanted to share was how we finally realized that we needed to change the perspective on our new life in order to make it work. Sorry if it didn't come off exactly right. Things aren't horrible, just different. We are looking forward to a lot of positivity in the future and know in our hearts that we will look back at this time and adventure fondly!

Positive Lesson #1: Apparently I really like to bake. Six weeks ago I hated baking, now C, B and I are always in the kitchen making something tasty. It makes no sense, but we have fun doing it and I figure if I'm ever going to lose these last 5 pounds, I need to stop eating oreos and start making lemon cookies. Right? The calories don't count if it's sort of homemade? Let's just go with that.

These are some of my favorites because they are easy and taste like cake, but in smaller bites (see? healthy!) and all you need is 4 ingredients:
Mike cake mix, cool whip and egg all together:
As always, snap pictures of the best little helpers around:

Once the lemon mixture is ready, roll little balls of dough in powder sugar:
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes:
And enjoy!

3 comments:

Tyler said...

I LOVE cake mix cookies! I had a teacher in high school that made different variations of them and they were uhh-mazing!

I don't think you came off as sour at all...just real! Life isn't always cupcakes and rainbows!

Melinda said...

I learned of this recipe a few years ago and they're my go-to summertime cookie - so good! And thank goodness I can't mess them up with so few ingredients :)

Hi by the way from your middle school friend. Looks like you're doing great!

Donna said...

Hi Kate!
Thanks for the recipe. I made these for my kid this afternoon, and we all LOVE them!!