There is really nothing better than celebrating the end of our summer in a good storm.
The summer days are almost over and as long and hard as the past three months + have been since Kev deployed, I admit that the start of school is a bit bittersweet. I am ready for a real routine, and a difference between Tuesday and Saturday, but I will miss random rain parties with my boys.
Starting Monday, Cullen will be in school all day and (I imagine) Bennett will go back to napping at the same time as Wells after pre-school, leaving me without a child to entertain for a few hours every afternoon.
After accepting 125% responsibility for our humans all summer long, that silence will be odd.
And I will miss Cullen's constant questions, and Bennett's oddly articulate arguments for why a 3 year old does not need a nap...
We had an amazing summer:
We traveled, we missed Kev (every day and then some), we saw so many friends, we went on adventures, we tested my patience, I had a few girls' weekends, we spent time with extended family...
We were helped by those who love us and Kev was sent emails and packages from our friends and family.
And best of all:
My boys were loved
And now, the Summer of Freedom comes to a close.
| The night before Kev left- my favorite picture ever of my men |
Thanks to you all for your love.
We appreciate all the prayers and the support that has made this difficult (and very slow moving) time so much easier!







24 comments:
Was that today?? Crazy! You've done a great job and the routine will help shorten the remainder of the deployment. Hang in, Kate!!
I love the photos!!! :)
OMG, these rain storm pictures are the absolute BEST!!!!! The smiles on there faces are priceless!!! Best of Luck on the Back to school embarkment on Monday!!! Im sure you'll enjoy some down time every now and then!!!
Summer rain storms are great! I'm listening to a storm as I type. Good luck on the kids starting a new school year! Enjoy some time to yourself!
I'm having one of those long days today :( One of those missing him days. We went skating tonight to celebrate a birthday and to just get away from these walls. I love that rain storm. You got some great pics! Hope the new school year brings some relaxing moments.
Your boys are ridiculously handsome!! You're gonna have your hands full when they're old enough to date!!!! eeek!!!
You're doing so awesome keeping busy, and being a great mama to your boys! I'm totally envious of your ability to handle deployment!
You did it! You are amazing! Hang in there! I hope you will get some quiet time for yourself once the kids go back to school.
You are amazing! Cheers to you and the end of Summer! Fall is my fav!
I love the rain photos! They are so happy! We had some crazy rain here yesterday too and the whole field behind the house was full of water. It looked like a big lake! But we were under a tornado warning so there was no playing outside. But since we read Twister on Tuesday last week, the kids weren't mad and were actually pretty helpful getting prepared in case we needed to retreat to the basement.
Happy end of summer to you! Enjoy an apple(tini)next week!
xoxo
Man, it really did pour yesterday, huh? Sounds like your boys had an amazing summer of freedom. Good luck starting the school year!
I'm not ready for summer to be over. Looks like you had a decent storm roll through.
What fantastic photos!!! Your kids certainly are loved and you are a lucky momma - good luck with the transition!
Wow! What a rainstorm! It's funny, here it drizzles for 9 months straight, but never ever ever rains in summer :)
Do you really think Bennett will go back to napping? That would be so great! Gracie stopped at 3 1/4.
Good luck getting back into the routine. We have one week left and will be practicing every day :)
Love a good school year routine, but with a summer like you all had, it's going to be sad! Love the rain party pictures. I always have intentions of doing that, but it's so intimidating to head out when it's pouring!! What did you do with your camera?!?!
i'm sure you'll enjoy having a few quiet moments to yourself...but what a quiet house it will be!
and i'm sure Cullen will come home with loads and loads of questions...so you'll have plenty of toddler conversation once he gets home! ha!
You are amazing! Sometimes when I feel so overwhelmed in motherhood, I think of you and draw strength from that- I can't imagine taking care of three small children during a deployment. Thank God for families like yours.
As a teacher the end & beginning of a school year is always bittersweet, I'm always so excited to begin a new year, but know I will miss vacation time that I spent with family/friends - Wishing you all the best this school year and for Kev's return to come as quickly as it can :)
As a teacher the end & beginning of a school year is always bittersweet, I'm always so excited to begin a new year, but know I will miss vacation time that I spent with family/friends - Wishing you all the best this school year and for Kev's return to come as quickly as it can :)
As a teacher the end & beginning of a school year is always bittersweet, I'm always so excited to begin a new year, but know I will miss vacation time that I spent with family/friends - Wishing you all the best this school year and for Kev's return to come as quickly as it can :)
As a teacher the end & beginning of a school year is always bittersweet, I'm always so excited to begin a new year, but know I will miss vacation time that I spent with family/friends - Wishing you all the best this school year and for Kev's return to come as quickly as it can :)
As a teacher the end & beginning of a school year is always bittersweet, I'm always so excited to begin a new year, but know I will miss vacation time that I spent with family/friends - Wishing you all the best this school year and for Kev's return to come as quickly as it can :)
These photos!!! What kind of camera/lens do you use? I want to be on your level. Best of luck with the new school year!
Gorgeous photos & memories :)
Post a Comment