Over the weekend, my high school friends (and my parents, and my brothers, and my kids, and my Grandma, and Grandpa Ray, and my Oma) and I had our Annual Retreat out at my parents' Farm. We did a whole lot of lounging by the pool, drinking cocktails, riding dirtbikes, sitting by the bonfire and eating every last crumb of the buckets of fried chicken my mom graciously prepared on Saturday evening.
Everyone loves a good comparison photo, so here, look how we've grown since 2011- mostly note that we graduated from solo cups to real wine glasses.
It was such a relaxing and fun filled day, one that can only come with the ease of being around old friends.
Loaf lives in NYC was but totally in her element at The Farm. I don't think she ever stopped running and possibly her finest moment was when she tried to catch a chicken.
The boys (my three brothers, Ant and John) spent most of their day at "Man Camp" which included hours of a game that involved drinking beer and throwing a hammer. I never did get the rest of the rules.
Grandma, Oma and Fritz had a little fun on the golf cart.
Tommy and Bennett manned the kids' table.
Marme is at her happiest when people are eating and drinking around her kitchen table. Lucky for her, we all excel at that.
Wells judged us all a little bit.
The boys' bonfire/the adults' bonfire
Ant and John got tired of our requests for pics and started taking their own selfies.
Thanks guys and girls for being awesome (and Mom and Dad for putting up with us all).
Can't wait for Retreat 2015.

.jpg)












19 comments:
The farm is so magical. What a weekend.
So FUN! Go Grandma drinking her beer on the golf cart! WOOT!
This looks like so much fun! I love it :-)
Looks like you guys had a blast! What a fun weekend that would be. Also, we always used to do fried chicken with my Mom's side of the family. I'm really hungry now lol.
I don't comment much but I never miss a post! The endless amount of energy you have to keep up with three boys gives me hope I'll be able to keep up with my twin 14 month old boys! Haha! And I have to tell you, I'm ridiculously jealous of The Farm. If only I could find some place like that in Northern California that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (and probably the other arm and leg)!!! You all are truly lucky to have such a place in the family!!
Looks awesome! Being around old friends is the best.
What an amazing time. Makes me miss being home!
Also, drinking beer and throwing a hammer sounds real safe. hahaha
Bennett and Charlotte have eerily similar taste when it comes to dressing themselves! Looks like a fun relaxing weekend (well, as relaxing as it can be with three kids in tow)!
Looks like you all had a great time, lucky to have such wonderful friends and family
What a great weekend! So much fun :)
Everything is comment worthy, but I just have to comment that your suit coverup is AMAZING!!!!
what a fun weekend getaway! lots and lots of relaxing memories for sure!
What a fun family reunion. I love the adults' and kids' bonfire. (Your grandparents looked like they enjoyed riding on the golf cart too.) I sure wish I had family members that live on a farm :) That picture of Wells is the cutest!
Wow that's so cool you get together every year still... What a great reunion! The farm really does seem fun!
Gosh, what a fun weekend! And what a cool tradition!
You seriously have the coolest life when it comes to that farm and being able to escape away to it. Seriously.. so glad you got some more time with your friends!
That looks awesome! What a nice getaway with lots of family and friends!
The Family Farm holds so many wonderful memories for you family and friends. How awesome is it that your sweet boys get to grow up around such a fun adventures place!!!!
Grandmas on the golf cart pic- instant classic. I hope you have that one framed somewhere in your house.
And also, please adopt me, Kate's parents!!
Post a Comment