Friday, August 8, 2014

Let's Get Ready to Ramble

^^ You see what I did there? 

Now, let's ramble a bit about this week:

This week was another busy one, and while still recovering a bit from my sister in law's bachlorette party, we just had some friends over on Monday to play and kept things pretty low key.

But by Tuesday, we were in full swing with a vet appointment for Frankie followed by a visit to my mother in law who sadly broke her arm in a car accident and is home for the next few weeks recovering. 

Wednesday was dentist appointments for two big boys, right in the middle of lunch and start of nap. You can imagine how smoothly that went. 
Plus, apparently my children's teeth aren't as pearly white as I thought and as the Dentist was counseling me, this happened:

Dentist {after discussing that I need to be flossing their teeth, using mouth wash, no more goldfish and a lot less juice}: Does your 3 year old still have his pacifier?

Me {look of panic, rearrange screaming tired baby on my hip, wrangle squirmy hungry big boys back into the room, consider lying}: Ummmm yes, but he sleeps! Goes right to sleep! And my husband is gone! And sleep! I need him to sleep! ImsorryIswearImnotabadmom. {Hangs head in shame}

Dentist {Looks through window to make sure there is back up for the crazy lady in her office}: It is okay.. I was just asking so I could explain the extra build up on the back of his front teeth... 

*****
Did I tell you that Uncle Bummy moved in last month? And bless his heart, he works long hours and is so tired when he gets home but always finds a little extra energy to play with the boys. They love it so much. Wells also just adores his Uncle Bummy. I need to get his reaction to seeing him on video because he gets so excited when Bummy gets home. He will be moving soon, but it has been fun to have him around for the past few weeks!
*****
Three things I could use more of

*****
On Thursday, we were early for a friend's lunchtime birthday party, so we stopped at a new-to-us park. I think this is the first time Wells has really 'played' (bonus that there was no mulch to eat) and Cullen successfully completed the monkey bars and was so proud of himself. 


 We took a stroll around Mount Vernon (the first picture on this post) Thursday afternoon to kill some time and use our annual passes for one last visit. Hard to believe that exactly a year ago we bought the passes so I could walk the big hill from top to bottom trying to induce labor. 

Which means that next week, this little chunk of love will be ONE.
And with that, we've wrapped up another week. We have a fun weekend ahead with my high school friends out at the Farm and then we start the final two week count down until school starts. Bring it on.

Have a great weekend!

PS- I will be posting about the overwhelming success of our Pack a Pack drive next week. Thanks again to everyone who contributed. I can't wait to share the pictures and videos!

17 comments:

Kristin said...

So glad their uncle is around! While it's rough with Kevin gone, I'm sure the boys will have some great memories of the time with you and family.

Happy weekend!

Shannon said...

I have to imagine Kevin must love reading these recaps. I do and they aren't even my boys. :)

Anonymous said...

How great to have their Uncle there not only for them but for you too! Love that coffee, friends, wine shirt.
And cannot believe he's almost 1!!

Jenny @ Creatively Blooming said...

I thought about you guys yesterday when I saw that preseason football was starting. Did Cullen watch?
Our dentist in Monterey stressed flossing the kids teeth too. We use the floss pick thingies, and it makes it A LOT easier. And the kids actually like it. They think it's cool to see the "germs" that the floss pulls out!

Sarah said...

love that their uncle was there to help out a bit, best uncle ever to play with them even though he was tired. I'm sure those nights created some great memories..."remember that time Uncle Bummy lived with us?"

Dee Stephens said...

We have never given Shelby juice and I don't really plan on it. They do give a little bit at school after playground time, but that's it.
I need to get her to a dentist soon too.

Jen said...

So glad they have their uncle around too. :)

Lauren said...

So happy to hear that Uncle Bummy moved in...I'm sure the boys are in heaven, and it probably helps to give their momma a bit of a break as well!

We are taking Elyse to her first dental visit in a few weeks...wish us luck, I can imagine it going very NOT WELL! ha!

Katiern827 said...

Meyer is close to 4 and still sleeps with a pacifier. I will admit this to you and you only, because I know you understand. Understand how important sleep is to us moms who stay at home with these nuts everyday! Oh, and I can't believe Wells will be ONE. He was literally born yesterday in my head!

Unknown said...

Love that group selfie of you and the boys :)
I got the same talk from our pedi dentist about the paci. But yeah…sleep! He wasn't terribly concerned about it either, just looking for a reason for her open bite. Braces are definitely in our future :/
Also, we have since managed to part ways with the paci and she did so awesome, so it's not like he will be using it FOREVER. When he's ready to live without it, he will.
Wish I was closer…I'd bring you coffee, wine, and friendship :) Big hugs girl - you're doing AMAZING!

Kathryn said...

I haven't taken the girls to the dentist yet bc I'm terrified of what they will tell me re:paci use!! But I'm in the same boat- we have this baby coming next month and Mama needs her sleep!! The boys looks so cute!! Can't believe Wells is almost 1!!!

Meghan said...

Omg you are too funny at the dentist! You sound like me when the doctor asks if Noah (21 months) still drinks a bottle (which he does at night) haha.

Sheelah said...

I'm sorry, WHAT? No more goldfish??? What kind of crazy talk is that?

Amanda said...

Sounds like a good week. And ugh that dentist trip.. bleh. Can't believe Wells will be one shortly.

Annette said...

What a busy week! My son had his pacifier until he was three too. The dentist office scared me a little, so we weaned him off shortly after. The good news is his buck teeth returned to normal. Whew! (It sounds like you're dodging that problem. Yay!)

Stephanie said...

That last picture is just the BEST! Keep hanging in there!

Violet Tinder said...

I love reading your blog Kate... You seem like such a great mom and you make it all look easy (no doubt it's not!)!! Xoxo