Almost every afternoon, the boys and I hang out in the front yard for several hours between nap and dinnertime. We play sports, ride bikes, climb trees or run races while Wells crawls around and eats dirt. The other day though, Cullen and Bennett decided they wanted to make a zoo. We've gone to the National Zoo twice in the past 3 weeks, so I guess they just had Monkeys on the brain.
Cullen made tickets for all of us and then the two of them went running through the house to find all the stuffed animals they could. Wells and I had to stay inside and wait until they were done and the zoo was 'open'. My ticket had an 'M' for Mommy, the word 'zoo' and and 'T' for ticket.
First up was the snake house.
Then the super friendly lions.
The Blue Bears
(Also very friendly)
And then we got a very special talk about Monkeys from the Zoo Keeper.
Finally, my favorite exhibit of all- the elephants and one super cute giraffe.
I love it when my boys use their imagination and invite me to be part of their world. Can't wait to visit the Front Yard Zoo again!
****
Thanks for all your well wishes to Cullen on his first day of school. He absolutely loves it! And the only other tears this week were actually at school when he found out his Mass Buddy (they go to church on Fridays and have an older student who they will sit with each week) is a GIRL. The horror.
Otherwise, he is doing great!









19 comments:
Cute! What great imaginations!
I love their imaginations! It truly is amazing. :)
Glad he loves school! Sorry he got stuck with a stinky ol girl! LOL The zoo is about the most adorable one I've ever seen!
Aw, this is so cute! And that is too funny about the Mass buddy. :)
Awww that's the cutest giraffe I've ever seen! I love how Cullen even made tickets :) What great imaginations!
How creative are they! What a fun way to spend your afternoon.
That is adorable. And I don't think I've ever seen a cuter Giraffe!
What a cute idea!!! Such great imaginations!!
I love kids' amazing imaginations! What a fun afternoon in the front yard!
That's definitely the cutest giraffe I've ever seen! And that zoo keeper looks like he knows a lot about monkeys! ;-)
This post was already absolutely adorable, then the giraffe! Then the buddy! Buddies for Mass are always such a huge deal. :)
So Cute and Fun!!!
Best zoo ever. I want a ticket!
so adorable! i love kids' imaginations!
Love your zoo.......! Your boys Are soooo cute! Enjoy every minute of your time with them! They grow up Way too fast.......believe me......! I have also three boys, they are 12, 10 and 7 now! Just yesterday they played hide and seek in our backjard......and today they are busy with friends and school! Miss those times very much! I used to live in Florida.....but I moved to Switzerland!
I really liked your post about The Front Yard Zoo
Coolest zoo ever!!! Your boys are so awesome!
That is so, so cute! Best zoo I've seen! :)
And these are the kind of moments where you sit back, smile and say, "yeah, I'm doing this mommy thing right."
Post a Comment