Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Currently NOT Loving...

Restoration Hardware's re-vamp. Before I really cared about the interior of a house, I was drawn to Restortion Hardware's worn in, over-sized, gorgeous leather furniture. Their asthetic was so homey and classy at the same time. When we eventually did buy our first couch, I gravitated toward something very similar to what I used to see at RH. Now, it has been a few years since I've been in one, but a few weeks ago I flipped through their new catalog- they are claiming to be re-born but I think it all looks sorta,well, dead.





I honestly just hate it. I usually can appreciate a design, even if it is not my style, but this literally does nothing for me. It makes me kind of sad actually.

Am I just missing something? Thoughts??

5 comments:

Elle Cay said...

it reminds me of Bill's house from True Blood, and that's not a compliment.

Laura said...

Its like Ballard get together with Candace Olsen to create a line of home decor for giants! Hate that giant bed/sofa and those floor lamps... ew.

Laura S. said...

The Ballard Design catalog is exactly the same. It looks like someone sucked all the color out of the furniture!

fittingbackin said...

It's a bit too neutral for me and DEFINITELY too ornate for my taste. Blah.

Martha said...

I'm sorry do those lamps look like columns to anyone else!??!