Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Simple Supper: Ritz Chicken

What is it about this time of year that disables me in the kitchen? The thought of putting effort into dinner actually hurts a little bit, so I am thankful for tasty and simple recipes that keep my family nourished. I actually make this chicken dish often, and have thought of posting it before, but it is so simple, I almost felt silly about it. I found the recipe back in college and have tweaked it to my own liking since then. And now, I realize, some of you might be in a rut and not have time to whip up something new, it is is actually a perfect recipe to share.

Here's what you need:
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
 A sleeve of Ritz crackers
 Pepper
 Butter 
 2 eggs
 See? So easy.

 1. Whip up the eggs, add a little milk if you are feeling crazy, dump onto chicken (which you have already placed into a casserole dish). Coat chicken with egg, then drain and toss extra egg mixture.
 2. Crumble up the Ritz and add on to the top of the chicken. Throw in a few Paula Dean slabs of butter for good measure. O and this is were the pepper comes in too- crackle some of that in here.
 3. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
 4. Serve with some veggies and call it a day. Easy and delish (and kid friendly too- Cullen loves it!)
What's your easiest dinner recipe?

PS- We will be on airplanes for a total of 7 hours today. Please pray that we make it all in one piece!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I must try this meal, just what I like...easy!
Be Safe! You are in my thoughts!
xoxoxox

Cathy said...

Looks tasty! And I love your comment "Throw in a few Paula Dean slabs of butter for good measure."

Have a safe flight!

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

yummy. x

p.s. I'm having a giveaway from This Is Transition if you'd like to check it out. :)
devorelebeaumonstre.com

Beth Dunn said...

Looks super yummy!
xoxo
SC

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

yum, that looks great! I love new ways to make chicken, its always a safe bet! safe travels!

Sarah said...

Yum, this looks great!

Violet Tinder said...

totally going to make this!!

Eliza :: Case Study said...

Such a great idea! We crush up fritto's when we make chicken tenders...almost the same idea! Have a safe trip :)

erica said...

oh my word this looks delish!!!! xo

Amanda said...

This looks fabulous! I will have to try it. I'm all about easy recipes! Thanks for sharing =)

Val said...

What a super yummy dinner.

fittingbackin said...

oh girl you know I love this dinner, especially its simplicity! Thank you for sharing!

Kirsten Harr said...

Did you make this when you all stayed with me in Kansas? I remember something like this and I remember it being delicious!