Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Things I Never Expected to Say, Part 4

 Time to pull out the kitchen journal and see what the phrases the crazies have been making us utter lately. (Here is Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3)
*****
You want spinach for snack?
Cullen, stop screaming! O, Bennett just opened the front door and walked out? Ok, you can scream if that happens again. (Note to self: dead bolt front door at all times)

Yes, that poop is shaped like a triangle. Great work.

 It takes a lot to freak me out. This did it. 
Head + concrete stair. He was okay though.
I don't know where the dog park library is.

 They are happiest in the dirt. Nothing I can do about it.
O he can hear and understand us, I am pretty sure he is just choosing to ignore us.

I'm like Cinderella, but in the dark days.

I put bacon in the salsa today. It just felt right.
Anyone want me to post this recipe? It will change your life.
I think they are officially crazy.

The phrase,Try this, brother, is probably going to be the death of me.

What are we going to do when they are teenagers?
You can race, but Bennett is too little for crashing at the end.

What's your plan here, Bubs?
Cullen, after asking is he can bring his camera to church: O cuz God will say, 'Cul-len, no picture takin' in church!'

I don't even know how he gets so dirty. It's like he hides dirt in his mullet and cakes himself with it when I'm not looking. He should totally be Joe Dirt for Halloween.

How did you hurt yourself while you were sleeping, Bennett?

Cullen, trying on jeans at Old Navy: Mommy, I fink dese are da best jeans in da whole wide world.

You couldn't take a nap because your eyes kept blinking? Why don't you go try again.
Cullen! Hold your pee-pee down! You just got Mommy!

Bennett, what are you eati--- AHH! HE POOPED ON THE FLOOR AND IS PLAYING IN IT {cue hysterics and gag reflexes}

Kev: I want to put a Go-Pro on Bennett's head just to see how he makes some of his decisions.

It is a good thing they are cute, or I am pretty sure we would be kicked out of church.
Don't let those Angelic smiles fool you!
*****
Please feel free to share your recent moments like this!

26 comments:

AR said...

I need that bacon salsa recipe. I love that Cullen is into jeans now :)

Anonymous said...

Awww your kids are too cuteeeeeee!

xxx,

Danielle Faith
DanielleFaith.Me

Tina P said...

My son recently decided to use the bathroom on the red playground. As I was trying to chase him down he took of down the slide making even more of a mess. I cannot put into words the horror I felt at that moment. All the other Moms were trying not to laugh. Boys!

Laura S. said...

So this is what I have to look forward to in a few years?!

Jen said...

Haha this is the best post ever!!! Your kids are adorable! :)

Ericka B. Jackson said...

"You can race, but Bennett is too little for crashing at the end."

This reminds me of the time my mother came running down the basement stairs when we were little b/c she thought we were killing each other. What was ACTUALLY happening was this - We had put my baby bro in the Little Tikes Car (you remember those red ones with the yellow top?) and were CRASHING HIM into the cement wall in the basement. He was laughing hysterically (and probably getting whiplash).

My mother freaked and asked us WHAT we were doing? Our response? "Playing Crash Dummies Mom! Don't worry - he has a seatbelt!" (We had tied him in with a jumprope!) It's a wonder he survived our older sibling ideas!

Shannon said...

These are my favorite posts you do BY far.

I love your attitude though. Dirt? Pee? Poop? Bumps on the head? You just gotta roll with it.


(Remind me that I said that next time I freak out!)

Ericka B. Jackson said...

Also, this made my laugh out loud!

Kev: I want to put a Go-Pro on Bennett's head just to see how he makes some of his decisions.

Sounds like something Rusty would say! HA!

Katiern827 said...

Again, you have me crying I'm laughing so hard...not at you of course...with you! Those boys!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

I'm cracking up!!! Especially at "Cinderella...in the dark days." HAHAHA!

Sarah @ The Not Quite Military Wife said...

Those boys are a handful but so cute!!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

Oh Goodness I'm dying over here, you and your boys crack me up!!!

stephanie said...

bacon and salsa? I DIE!! love the pics!! and poor baby, I would have freaked out if my kiddo had a bump that big.

Jenn said...

Molly, don't eat Odie.
Sure you can taste my coffee-you're going to preschool this morning!
You can press her belly button all you want, but it won't make funny noises unless I'm here with you two.

Post that recipe woman.

Clare C. Whitaker said...

so adorable!! Your sons are beautiful and I love their little quotes...or mock phrases :) I hope you're having a great week, if you have time I'd love for you to stop by Twirling Clare to enter my giveaway from Brighthouse Baubles. The winner will be announced on Friday!
Toodles,
Twirling Clare
twirlingclare.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

Awe. As entertaining as always!

lauren jean allece said...

HAHAHAHA!!! I actually had to sit up from my reclining position on the couch because it was hurting my neck laughing so hard (I'm sure it had nothing to do with the bizarre contorted angle I found myself in). But really, the comment about B hiding dirt in his mullet about killed me.

Tarabelle said...

You need to write a book just on these things you never thought you would say!

Tara

http://tarabelle-adropofink.blogspot.com/

Catie said...

New follower here! Your blog is so cute and your kids are adorable!! Salsa and bacon are two of my fav foods so I need this recipe in my life! :)

Anonymous said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA Have you gotten that button made yet? I'm pretty sure we are gonna need to swap. ;)

Courtney said...

Hysterical! Life with boys:)

Jenn @ Party of One said...

So, so funny- love it :)

Megan said...

I got so excited when I saw the title of this post - these are my favorites! :)

Emily | Recently said...

Can't even tell you how much I love this! I feel like I say many of the same things every day of my life. Love being the mom of boys! As for your bacon salsa recipe...oh my goodness gracious that looks amazing!

Happy Little Feet said...

Fantastic photos as always. I say way to many things I never thought I would glad little one was ok from the cement!

Kerry said...

Hehehe I love it!! Your boys are absolutely adorable and I love how you have captured these funny fleeting moments :)
Thanks for sharing Kate xo