Monday, March 26, 2012

Things I Never Expected to Say

I know I have a tendency to share all the cute things that happen during my day, but there are are phrases that come out of my mouth that are definitely not so glamorous. So recently, every time I find myself thinking, really Kate, this is your life?, I've been writing it down in hope that it would eventually make sense. Instead, it makes a great blog post of Mommy-phrases for your entertainment.

These boys, they are trouble.

**********

Bennett, OUT of the bathroom!

Cullen, Mommy needs two sips of coffee before she can rebuild Misty Island.


Seriously child, I can not watch Curious George again.


Um, birds don't have toilets, that is why the poop on windows.

{In my excited voice, on a date with Kev, no kids in site) LOOK! A digger and a scoopy!!


Bennett! Out of the wine cabinet.
Yes, you are right, your poop does look like a rhino horn today. Yaaaaaay!


We are still in the classroom, you can't take your pants off.


No buddy, that's not water, that's mommy's special mommy drink.


I need to make Bubba his ba-ba, baby.

O, you made us a card at school, how nice. I'm glad that is why you love us.

But I don't feeel like walking around Target and looking at trains today.

Did you like Frankie's dog food?
video

No you can't have a Happy Meal, but I can make you chicken nuggets and fries at home.

{to Kev} You know that 'A is for Alligator' song on Cullen's kid's song CD? I want to punch that girl in the throat.

How did you get poop on your socks?

*********
It is a good thing they are cute, isn't it?

PS- Thank you so much for all the well wishes on our 5 year anniversary! We flew up to Washington State over the weekend and are spending time with some family.
 I will get back to all your comments and blogs soon!


21 comments:

Sagittarian said...

Hi Kate! :) Sorry I'm late in greeting you happy 5th year Anniversary!!:)

I really enjoy reading your post, especially about your kids, they were so cute..:) Muaaahh!! Thanks for sharing!! :)Nice video too, Umm, ,smart boy..:)

Britt @ The Magnolia Pair said...

This is so cute! I loved reading your commentary! How funny! I cracked up at the one about "get out of the wine cabinet"
:)

Heather said...

LOL, these are too funny! Our kitties do the same thing to the toilet paper in the bathroom. I'm glad you're getting a chance to spend time with family! Have fun!

Jenn said...

Yes! Yes! I have heard things come out of my mouth that take me by surprise! Love the poop shaped like a rhino horn comment. I never DREAMED I would chat about poop so much as I do now.

And that Bennett has THE MOST expressive face EVER! It is precious! Hope y'all have a great time in Washington!!

Eliza said...

Oh wow that last picture is breathtaking. I laughed out loud at several of these...I find myself saying things like this while I'm nanying and I just have to stop and laugh. xo! eliza

Cynthia said...

Oh my goodness...by the time I got to the "rhino horn" comment, I about lost it. Isn't great what happens to come out of our mouths at any given moment? Wait...a minute. Maybe I should rephrase that....

Cute boys. Def. a blessed handful (that's what I always say about mine anyway...) Such fun moments to look back on someday!

Joeylee said...

I love the picture of your husband with the boys, so sweet

marie said...

That last picture is just so great, all your boys.

I hear you, you really do surprise yourself with all that is said with children. It's crazy.

Stephanie said...

I love the "out of the wine cabinet" one!

Sam [The Peak of Tres Chic] said...

Too cute! I love that first shot with all the TP. Oh the joys of motherhood. :)

Cathy said...

Oh my goodness! I'm giggling in my cube at work :) I'm sure I'll be saying some crazy things like this when I get to that point.

And happy belated anniversary!

Nikki said...

How did you get poop on your socks?! Ahahahah!

I bet you had the perfect Washington weekend, I heard the sun was out! Happy Anniversary!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

lol I can't even tell you how much this made me laugh!! :)

xx

Jen

TIffany Gabriel said...

Oh My Goodness this is to funny!!!!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

these are too cute! I love the happy shot with the TP! precious!! :)

laurenjeanallece said...

Oh my gosh, I'm pretty sure these quotes are why we're friends. You crack me up lady!

Hope you're having fun up here in the PNW!

Emily said...

So, SO funny Kate! Very well captured :) The quote of you using kid language while on a date with Kev is the best!

Dancing Branflake said...

Haha! I laughed then went "Awww! So sweet" when I saw that last photo of your boys. Adorable!

Ivana said...

Aww, right now I'm laughing out loud in front of my computer, unable to stop :) This is seriously hilarious and adorable, and I'm already looking forward to the next installment!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

pam {simple details} said...

TOO funny, Kate! They're totally adorable, love your commentary!

Apryl said...

Very cute and funny, Katie! Cullen and Bennett are the sweetest and most adorable little boys I have ever met...and you are such an amazing mommy! Thank you for making me smile today! :)
xoxo~ Apryl