Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ode to Bummy

Last week, my little (taller) brother Bummy flew back with my boys and I to Monterey since Kev was still out of town for work. He was also the brave soul who trekked across the country in four days with Kev when school started but I stayed back in VA for a few weeks since Bennett was a newborn. So this was technically his second trip to Monterey, but his first time actually getting to experience it with the boys. And let me tell you, they adore Uncle Bummy. 

(Side note: If you are new around here, his name is not really 'Bummy' but when C was a baby, he heard another brother of mine call Andy a 'bum', repeated it and the rest is history. The boys have no idea that he has a different name.)

Bummy is great to have another because he just kind of goes with the flow, he didn't really need to be entertained and was perfectly happy being part of our regular routine. We make a trip to the Aquarium and went for a beer, followed by beach trip for the sunset.


Godfather-godson bonding. 
 We want to be just like Bummy!
 Heading down to the beach.
 Christmas card photo fail


Sun goes down. I'm going to miss this so much when we move.
 One last cuddle before Bummy leaves.
 Unfortunately, he had to go home Saturday morning, but we are eternally grateful for his help on the plane and for being a calming presence during the cancelled flight fiasco. He's a good dude and I am a lucky sister that my brothers love my boys so much. It means the world to me. Thanks again for everything, Bummy!

*****

PS If you missed it, Danielle guest posted for me on Saturday, make sure to stop by her blog, Danielle Faith and give her a little love!





20 comments:

marie said...

I wasn't especially close to my brothers growing up, usual kid stuff, but now I love them all to death and they add so much to my life. I am glad to see such a special relationship between you two and him with the boys. It's what life is all about.

Mad Max and Family said...

Aww so sweet! And I'm so jealous of your beach time!

Max (and Sadie) get to see their Aunt (my sister) and Uncle (her husband) next week in NYC - so excited!!!!!

BTW Max is terrified of Santa / Santa hats so that's cute you got your boys in them.

-Tara

http://madmaxandfamily.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Kate - that picture of them running down the beach.....speechless. So perfect. The content and the photography skills.

eas said...

BOy I am loving the smiles in those pictures.

Okay, guests who do not need to be entertained and go with the flow and normal routine? Those are the best!

Denisa said...

Really so nice and cute pics. Have a nice day

http://www.fashiondenis.com/

Anonymous said...

HA I'm glad you told us what Uncle Bummy was from. I still loved it no matter what. =)

Ashley said...

awe I love the beach pictures!

Ivana said...

Well, looks like boys were having plenty of fun! It's so amazing that you have such a lovely and helpful brother!

xx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls

Ashley said...

So awesome that your brother got to make the trip with you and the boys!

AiringMyLaundry said...

So incredibly sweet!

Katiern827 said...

Brother post melts my heart! They are the greatest aren't they?

Shawna said...

LOVE the pic of them running down to the beach! He looks like a fun uncle! :-)

Jen said...

What an awesome brother you have! I wish mine weren't not so great.

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

How fun that he got to really experience life with yall in Monterey, I bet he enjoyed it and the boys probably loved it!!!!

Jenn said...

The photo of the three of them running down to the beach is pure perfection. I love everything about it. Good brother!! I'm glad he loves to help you!

PS. Come home soon, Kev!

lauren jean allece said...

Regarding the running down the beach photo, I was about to write what Jenn said almost word for word!

And this is why we're all friends.

Fash Boulevard said...

beyond adorable. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my latest. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

That's precious. I miss my brother so much, they haven't been to visit in sooo long:( Love the pictures Kate, the one at sunset is magic! So lucky you are to live close to the beach. Hope you have a good week! And girl, you are a trooper with all those cancelled flights, I have yet to fly with my boys!!

Sarah said...

Such a fun brother! Lucky guy- he gets to hang out with your fun family!! ;)

Janna Renee said...

What a good brother/uncle! That must have been SO helpful.