No, really, it is.
Remember two weeks ago when I complained about our flight being delayed? Well, I found out what is worse: flying 5 and a half hours across country to find out that our connecting flight is canceled.
| Bummy is with us because Kev had to stay back to work for a few more days. |
I'm not much of a crier, but I'll have to admit to the tears last night. We were a short two hours from home but the next flight out wasn't until the next morning. We waited in the customer service line for an hour trying to find out our options (o, and it was 10pm East Coast time, it is amazing the boys weren't losing their minds) to find out that we had to go to the baggage customer service to retrieve our bags and carseats for the night. So off we trekked to that counter, to then be pointed to another area for the 'express' flights baggage service. Ol' Marty informed us that he thought they would send the bags up, but wasn't really sure how long it would take, would he like me to call? Yes, Marty, yes.
In the meantime, my saint of a friend Caitlin who was supposed to pick us up from Monterey decided that she was going to drive to San Fran and get us. I'm not sure how you repay someone for saving the day like that (there were more tears of overwhelming gratitude) but if you have any ideas, I am all ears.
Finally, at 10:30pm Pacific, 1:30am Eastern, almost 14 hours after leaving for the airport in DC, we arrived home. And then realized I was locked out of the house. Seriously? Thanks to Uncle Bummy's, dexterous window jumping skills, we were able to break in and get the boys and ourselves into bed. I should also mention that Caitlin went to the grocery story and picked eggs, milk, bacon and OJ so we wouldn't have to worry about breakfast. Saint, I tell you.
But we are home now and ready to show Bummy around Monterey and start decorating for Christmas!
Thanks for all your well wishes anyways, one day we will the trip right.
(Probably not.)
16 comments:
Oh wow that is quite the adventure. What a great friend you have, so glad you made it back safely.
oh my goodness..you poor girl! but what an amazing friend you have...those kind of friends don't come along all that often!
What an amazing friend you have. Truly.
Sorry for your terrible luck (again) with planes. :(
Your coast to coast trips make me very scared to fly in January. I have never experienced such delays or cancellations (and definitely not with kids omgah) but your friend sounds like a living saint! Hang onto her! Take her some wine and fudge!
Whew, crazy. I'm so glad your friend came and got you. I would send her a gift basket of chocolate or something.
Whoa that is a really good friend to drive all that way! Soooooooooooo sweet! I'm pretty sure your friends deserves the best Christmas gift ever! lol ;) Glad you are finally home. OH and please remind me to never fly with you, you really do have terrible luck! JK ;) well sort of. haha
oh man what an awesome friend you have there!!
Glad everyone is safe!
You poor dear girl!!! I'm so glad you weren't alone with the boys though, I think that would have made things even worse. Hooray for fabulous friends, what would we do with out them!!!! Glad your home!!!
Wow - at least you are home safe and sound now! It's soooo good to have great friends!
I need a friend like that! SAINT, indeed.
Glad you made it back :)
Bless your heart! What a saint of a friend. Glad you made it home all in one piece! :)
Geez, I would have totally lost it. Cross-country travel is enough of a pain when it's just my husband and I, let alone two small children. Thank goodness your friend came through!
Oh My ! sounds really stressful! I've had the issue in the past... its especially bad when traveling between countries......
xxx,
Danielle Faith
DanielleFaith.ME
Random question, but what hat is your brother wearing? It looks really similar to a Murray State University hat.
Wow. She wins friend of the year! How awesome and generous of her!
PS. It's also an indication that you are awesome for her to want to do that for you ;)
Post a Comment