Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I've Got Sunshine

The award, that is, from sweet Meg @ Borrowed Haven.
Part of winning this bloggy award is to answer Meg's questions, so if you are interested in knowing some randoms about me, this is your post. 


1. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Our goal is to end up in Charleston for good, but I am hoping before Kev's Army career is over we get to live in Germany for a few years too. 
Cullen thinks we are moving to San Diego next, and we keep trying to tell him that it is not really possible, but he has hope (so do I). 

2. What are you most excited about this fall?
The leaves turning colors. After two years of no change in seasons, I can't wait for Virginia's fall beauty.

3. What is your favorite dessert? Bonus points for the recipe.
This is an easy one, and I do have the recipe:

Drop big boys off at Marme's for a sleepover
Put baby to sleep. 
Uncork. 
Awkward reflection of me taking a pic and Kev checking his phone in the window.
4. What are you going to be for Halloween this year?
I don't do costumes. But I'll wear an orange sweater. 
And you bet the boys are going to be something awesome. 
I am still brainstorming how to beat the amazingness of last year's costumes. 

5. Share your favorite GIF or Meme of the moment.
ummm, does it make me old that I don't have one?

6. Favorite article of clothing? More bonus points for a selfie wearing it!
Usually, I prefer dresses to anything, but in my weird post-partum squishy-ness/ nursing every few hours, my body is hard to dress. 

Here is a recent outfit I felt good about. 
Sweater: Gap, Tank: Target, Necklace: Francesa's, Pants: Old Navy, Flats: Target
7. What is your favorite post you've ever written?
This is a tough one. I love all my posts because they are the journal entries of my past. 
A few notables:

8. What is your guilty pleasure TV show or movie?
We don't watch a whole lot of TV, but shows we never miss are How I Met Your Mother, The Middle, Modern Family, and Shark Tank. 
Movies I will never turn off if I catch it on TV: Talladega Nights, I Love You, Man, Stepbrothers, Clueless

9. Share the fourth oldest photo on your phone.
Ah, sweet bald, Baby Bennett.

10. What is one goal you have for this year?
It has been a busy year and we only have two months left, so I am not sure how we can top off moving cross country, buying a new house and adding another perfect boy to our family. 
So I am going to hope that we can end the year with great adventures, and maybe a full night's sleep. 
That would be amazing.

18 comments:

Jen said...

I know a lot of people that want to end up in Charleston.

Traci@TheHallway said...

Well I will say, Charleston is pretty amazing ;) and you all have your own room if you ever want to make a trip down!! :) and we have a 50% chance of being stationed in San Diego for 3 years after here so Cullen can come visit anytime ;) (and you guys of course too) ;)

Erica Jacquline said...

Love your movie selections and dessert recipe!

Meghan said...

Full night of sleep is on my goal list too! And love the pop of color of those pants in your "favorite" outfit!

Nicole said...

This was a fun post from you. Didn't know we had so much in common! Wine, How I Met Your Mother, and a love for leaves changing colors. I love that outfit too. Cute red pants!

Jessie said...

Loved this post, especially your dessert recipe. :)

Sarah said...

Cute outfit! Was that stuff you just had or stuff you bought for your transition between I was pregnant and now I'm not. Love the color of the pants. And your boys...the Halloween costume, too cute! can't wait to see what you come up with this year, you have 22 days!

Jenn said...

Ok, this is creepy, because Steve and I were talking (arguing) over where we'll end up post-Army (we plan like this is next week or something) and while I was all "Richmond area!" he was all "Auburn!" and we both finally settled on Charleston. So maybe we'll be neighbors! ha ;)

Also, you look amazing post-baby. And I like your dessert, I think I'll have some tonight!

Hilary @ Peanut Butter Spoonfuls said...

I'm writing down that dessert recipe! Can't wait to see what all the boys dress as for Halloween.

Unknown said...

Oh my! Their costumes last year were sooooo cute!!! And you certainly have had a very busy (and wonderful!) year. A full nights sleep sounds aaaaahhhhhmazing!!!

April said...

A full night of sleep is my top goal for the rest of the year too! Love your outfit and you look amazing for just having a baby a couple of months ago!

eas said...

My dream place to retire to is Charleston although DLS says I could not last a year in the South, I disagree. Love your dessert recipe and you look adorable in that outfit!

Tiara | a Happy Healthy Home said...

Living in Germany would be a fun adventure. SD isn't bad either :) Loved the red pants too.

Heather said...

I love these types of posts that let me learn more about my blog buddies! My sister-in-law's husband is in the Air Force, and they just moved to Germany for two years. It's definitely been a challenge for them in many ways but also an adventure.

Janna Renee said...

Oh boy, I can't WAIT to see what you dress the boys up like! I hope that one day we find ourselves in the same place! I love Charleston, but we want to settle down in Pensacola eventually. I would KILL for Germany, but I'm also excited that we have to go to Korea at some point. I think it will be an adventure!

Katiern827 said...

That dessert recipe sounds amazing! I think I'll try it:)

Lauren said...

we are actually hoping to plan a quick getaway to Charleston in the Spring...I've been once and it's such a beautiful place!

Annette said...

I love the picture of your boys from last Halloween. Those costumes (and those smiles) are amazing!! I have a friend that was stationed in Germany for several years; she really enjoyed the experience but said she felt lonely at times... Oh, I do have to say that we love The Middle and Shark Tank around here too... So much fun! Congrats on the award!