Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Happy Surprise

So today I was feeling rather uninspired. I searched through all the pictures I have saved on file of my favorite rooms, looked on my bookshelf for a favorite read and searched through all my bookmarks, checking out my favorite blogs and hoping that something would strike me for what to write about today. But, alas, nothing. And the funny thing is, I was sad about it, awkwardly sad. My normal routine is to blog the night before, check it in the morning while baby boy and I are having breakfast, then post. And last night and today I did neither. It has become such a part of my routine and a hope that one day many, many people (and I love those of you who do) will read it and my furniture will sell and people will be inspired by the posts that I share. And it is a rare day when I feel have nothing to say. So what is the point of this story? Well, just when I started to feel frustrated that I was uninspired and frustrated that that no one emailed me about these chairs I posted on craigslist, I found this in my backyard:



Yep, that's right, my horrible gardening skills have prevailed and I have tomatoes growing along with my broccoli! It was such a happy surprise!

Then, I wasn't sure what to make for dinner, and had already made Baby Boy tortellini, but I knew my husband wasn't such a fan of the plain pasta. So I added a little tomato, broccoli (from the yard!), lemon juice, EVOO and pepper, and here is an adult side to have with our steaks. (Before and after pics)

C$'s Dinner:



Our Dinner:



Next,as if the gods were telling me to 'suck it up', I walked out onto my front porch to find these beautiful flowers growing on my ivy:





They smell like honeysuckle. Remember honeysuckle? I used to pick it while waiting for the bus in the 1st grade. It is so funny how the sense of smell can send you back two decades.

Finally, I saw my sweet flowers all closed up for the evening. I love how some flowers close when its rainy and sad outside; it makes me feel better about the fact that I hate when it is rainy and cloudy out.



Nature tells me it is natural to close up and hide unless the sun is out. Thanks world for coming through for me this evening. Have a Happy Wednesday my friends.

3 comments:

JK said...

You are amazing!

Jennifer said...

I know the feeling! the inspiration has just not been flowing for me lately.

looks like you have confederate jasmine on your porch! doesn't it smell so divine?!

KL said...

Is that what it is called? Thanks! I love it! I don't remember it flowering last year.. but I probably just wasn't paying attention ;)