Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things, Of No Particular Importance

1. Last week on our way to DC, I stopped at a gas station to fill up and I decided to run in with Cullen to grab a pack of gum. Somehow, I ended up in line behind a guy arguing with the cashier that he should still get the discounted carton price, even though she didn't have cartons of the ciggs he was trying to buy. Boyfriend's total was $139.78. How much you want to bet he isn't going to live to see the $16 he was trying to save?

2. Frank the dog gets terribly car sick. I found that out about an hour before the cigarette man incident.

3. Why does Cullen always end up with the bossy stinky kid in the play place at Chick-fil-A? After the dog throw up and the cigg situation, we stopped to stretch our legs and take a little break. Of course the one kid in the playground was parent-less, had poopy pants and kept tugging my ponytail and saying "watch me! watch me!" and then would push Cullen aside to play with the animals. Yes, stinky kid, how about you watch me go find your mother?

4. Also on the subject of stinky kids... I sent a boy in my Pre-K class to Time Out last Thursday, except I have to call it "The Thinking Chair" because 'Time Out' might hurt their self-esteem.

5. Speaking of discipline techniques, I hit C on the hand for the first time last week. This was after I tried saying 'no', removing him from the situation, stomping my feet and yelling a bit. Finally, I grabbed his sweet little hand out of the dog food, which he was throwing everywhere, and smacked it. I immediately felt overwhelmingly horrible as I waited for the tears to come, until finally I heard the unmistakable sound of a giggle, followed by a little hand clanging against a metal dogfood bowl and food hitting the floor. Again. Giggle, giggle, giggle.

One day, some new mom is going to be in Chick-Fil-A wondering where the stinky-blonde kid's mom went wrong and why he isn't in the thinking chair...

2 comments:

fittingbackin said...

hehe love it! "The Thinking Chair" oh my. That's too funny. Like when I learned a few years back "indian style" was now "criss-cross apple sauce." The things people worry about!!

Erin said...

Girlfriend. One thing I couldn't get over taking Ethan to daycare before I quit work was the smell of other kids' poop in the air. Also, I've only smacked Ethan's hand/spanked his bottom a couple of times (and for good reason, such as disobeying and running into a parking lot, or hitting a pet, etc.) but I always feel horrible.