Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend Update: Car Show, Visitors and Wineries

Happy Monday, y'all. How was your weekend?  Bennett started ours off like this:
 And then we spent Friday afternoon at the Muscle Car Auction in Monterey.
 Fun Fact: When I was a teenager, I was obsessed with getting a muscle car. Every Friday night, my dad would pick up the Classic Car Trader Magazine and he and I would flip through it, looking for my dream car. After much research, I decided that a '72 Oldsmobile Cutless 442 was my match. So you can imagine how my heart soared when C picked his car as his favorite of the day. (And just so you know, I ended up buying a '73 Mustang Convertible, and I loved her.)



 Want to know what a $500,000 car looks like? This is it.

 Friday night, I finally started messing around with LightRoom editing software and was able to achieve this look with Bennett. Love.
 Then, on Saturday, our friends Kelly, Erin and Nick came down from San Fransisco. We all grew up in the same neighborhood and just happen to live on the West Coast now. They hadn't been down to visit since Thanksgiving, so we are excited to have them again.
We headed out to Carmel Valley to Georis Winery, and met all our friends there as well.
Caitlin, Traci and I rocked the bauble.
Cullen played with his girlfriend, Hannah.
 And both boys enjoyed lovin' from Ms Kelly and Ms Erin.
 The guys
 The lovely ladies (all holding children that don't belong to them; sign of true friendship). You know we have a great group when the tasting room manager asks what we were are celebrating. Answer: Saturday. Wine Girl: I want to join your club.
 We headed home for some enchiladas and more wine, then were joined by friends later in the evening. Sunday, we went down to Carmel and walked along the beach then went to Hog's Breath for lunch. It was so nice to have our friends from home here, always easy to laugh about our lives growing up and how crazy it is that we are West Coasters now. And all in all, made for a perfect weekend.

Thanks for coming, friends!

28 comments:

Marcella{The Life of a Military Family} said...

LOVE the car pics! And I love Lightroom; I need to experiment with it more.

Jessica said...

Those are some amazing cars, though I'm not sure I can imagine ever paying $500,000 for a car!!! And it looks like you have a fabulous group of friends!

Candice said...

Neat cars! Your winery trip looks fantastic!

Mrs. K said...

Big fan of the animal print and teal! Cute :)

Shannon said...

Awesome photos - I love the editing you did on the muscle car shots. :)

Martha Metzler said...

Love the Light Room! I need to see you I miss you like crazy!
www.marthametzler.com

Sue said...

sounds like the perfect weekend

Happy Little Feet said...

What a wonderful weekend. Beautiful photos. You have a gift.

stephanie said...

how fun! you are always dressed so adorably!

laurenjeanallece said...

Babies, baubles and OH MAN could C's smile get any bigger in that picture of him with his little lady?!

What a great weekend!

jeands said...

wow, I'm floored with all those cars! I love muscle cars too. I fantasize driving one too, and in my head I would look cool driving one because I'm a girl and petite. Hehe!!! The happiness of fantasy and dreams.

I'm seeing a lot of bauble necklace in the blogsphere and I'm so jealous because I'm living in a faraway land that this yumminess is not nearby for me to grab. BOOO!!!

you look lovely in your dress, btw! happy week ahead.

eas said...

I love the pics of your boys! Visits with old friends are the best. How fun you all had the same necklace (almost) on.

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

I love the comment from the gal who worked at the winery -- and even moreso, your response! That is great. :)

Cara said...

That sounds like an epic weekend of fun! You have such beautiful friends with beautiful children!

Laura said...

Beautiful photos Kate, looks like a wonderful weekend :)

Courtney said...

My husband would weep tears of joy to be near those muscle cars. The trip to the winery looks wonderful--lovely pics!

♥ ♥ Just a Girl in Love w/ a Soldier ♥ ♥ said...

I bet the boys loved the car show, they looked pretty fancy!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful weekend full of friends and wine!!! Always a good mix!!!

Kelly Conrad said...

Such a fun weekend!!! Thank you SO much for having us. Can't wait to hang out again soon. :)

The New Normal said...

What a wonderful, fun weekend! Your photos are beautiful!

marie said...

Such beautiful photos. I always thought car shows were lame and then went to a few with the kids, we always had so much fun. Of course the kids loved seeing all the very cool cars.

Lauren said...

i LOVE all these pictures, especially the one of sweet Bennet & his pots & pans! too sweet!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

Such a great weekend. Thanks for hosting. Hurry on up to SF!

Kristin said...

That bubble necklace looks awesome on animal print. Never would have put the two together! (Not that I own a bubble necklace. The bulk of statement necklaces bugs me. But I'll live vicariously through everyone else!)

Amanda @ Eloquent English said...

Awwwwww that looked like such a fun weekend! Great editing by the way! What software did you get? =) xoxo

Jenn said...

C and his gal pal- those smiles! Glad y'all had such a fun time with friends!!

l.c.s. said...

I remember when you had that mustang convertible! Wasn't it a light bluish aqua? Don't ask why I remember that so well... I guess I thought you were cool or something :) Hope your mom had a fun visit with the kids- cute pictures!

Leisa Dreps said...

I’m fond of attending car shows. I love seeing old cars preserved and brought back to their former glory, especially since I know how much work it takes to prepare a car for a show. You couldn’t do it the day before. It took me months to prepare my 1972 Dodge Challenger. The hardest thing was replacing some of the parts while keeping the classic look. The second concern was that it was so expensive. ;)