Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Simple Things: Thanksgiving

Hello, friends! I had a great few days unplugged: We entertained some from friends from our hometown who have also recently moved to the West Coast.  We played some trains (shocker):
 And I set my table with my mix-matched china, including a new platter which came as a gift from Kev's best friend's mom. She saw my post about my china and felt the need to send me her pieces, knowing they would be used. I not only used the platter, but made all our guests read Momma Wyn's note so they would know how special our table was. Thank again Wyn!!
 Our boys loved the special attention:

 Yea, we had 4 open bottles of wine at the dinner table (they were finished and then some)...
 Friday we headed down to Big Sur:






 And on the way back, stopped for a few pictures:
 Must be nice to be the most beautiful couple ever, right?
 Still pretty fascinated that we live here:
All, in all, a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends we have known for over 10 years. We are thankful for friends from home who live on the West Coast, and thankful for a beautiful place to celebrate our frienships.

Hope your long weekend as wonderful as ours!

19 comments:

Violet Tinder said...

Such gorgeous photos! I love the dramatic scenery!!

April said...

Wow...I'm fascinated too. I want to move from the east coast to the west coast. Your location is beautiful! Love all of the photos. And such a cute family.

Alisha said...

I grew up in CA and I miss it! Lovely photos.

Lou Belcher said...

Ahhhhh ..... how wonderful, family and friends. Nice photos.

Lou

Erica said...

First, you have such a beautiful family!! Glad you all had a wonderful thanksgiving!! The table looks great! Totally checking out more of your posts :)

Paige @ Running Around Normal said...

You have such a gorgeous family! Your Thanksgiving looks gorgeous, too. Love those views! :)

Stephanie said...

Great pictures!!!! You guys all look great together! Love your blog header too!

Ivana said...

Looks like you had some really amazing time! And you look amazing on these pictures!
Happy Sunday Kate!

xx Ivana

Stop by sometimes :)
Style in the City

Jamie said...

Looks amazing. Great pictures.

AR said...

Gorgeous pictures! Glad you guys had a wonderful holiday!

Geneva said...

The best holidays are the ones we spend with friends... ! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us!

Erin Parker said...

Katie, great post! You are the sweetest. We had the best time and I already can't wait until next year. We may just have to invite ourselves down again.... We love you guys... you have the most precious family and a home exploding with love! We are so thankful for the Larrabee's...even Frankie! Thanks again!

Alena: Oh, It's Just Perfect! said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Such a beautiful table setting (I love the china!) and such a gorgeous area. I'm a tad jealous :)

Thanks so much for your comments - I love finding people from DC :) Oh, and I ADORE that Michael Kor's watch - I'm totally smitten with anything that's Rose Gold! xo

natasha {schue love} said...

Awww looks like a great weekend! Love your sweet little family! :)

Mommyblogger said...

Those photos are beautiful!
Sounds like you & yours had a GREAT Thanksgiving.

Meg {henninglove} said...

what a wonderful thanksgiving kate! what a great opportunity to reconnect with friends and yes pretty amazing where you live. i want to move back up there! im glad you got a few great days with your lovely family

Katie said...

Your pictures are beautiful! Sounds like a great weekend!! xo

rebecca said...

looks like a lovely time! thank you for sharing your photos Kate!! :)

storiesofourboys.com said...

I love this! I love all the china, and I love the Big Sur pics! I keep referring back to your Monterey posts to get ideas!